Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Mate is taking, well, not quite rejection harshly... Watch

Hey Guys;

Well, a mate of mine (and also housemate) asked out one of our housemates on Wednesday and he'd been talking to me about asking her our for a couple of weeks (he knew her for 3 before asking her out) only to be told she already had a boyfriend (they've been going out for two weeks).

Anyway, he's become withdrawn and INCREDIBLY defensive about whole ordeal.
    As in when he's out of his room and in the living room, he acts rather casual but when in his room, he's not happy AT ALL.

I've managed to convince him to have a game and drinks night with me tonight and no one other than us two will be in the house because two of our housemates are going to a party tonight and the housemate he asked out went home on Thursday and won't be back until Tomorrow evening.

Is it too soon to ask him about this?

ReputationRep:
    Everyone knows two housemates getting together almost always ends in disaster

But if he doesn't want to talk about it, don't push it. If he ever feels like bringing it up, he knows you're there for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    Everyone knows two housemates getting together almost always ends in disaster

But if he doesn't want to talk about it, don't push it. If he ever feels like bringing it up, he knows you're there for him.
    good thing i hate one of the girls in my flat -__-

the other girl i haven't seen in years

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.