Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I moved in at uni 3 days ago and I haven't made any friends or been out anywhere. I feel really lonely and left out because I moved in late so everyone has gotten to know each other quite well. I was invited out yesterday but my flat mate left without me. I guess they just don't like me. I don't know how I'm going to get through this weekend. I haven't got anything to do. I keep crying because I've always been a loner and the one no one wants to be friends with.

ReputationRep:
    Get online and find out about clubs and societies at your uni. Then start following up ones that you'd like to join.

Then get down to the student union and see what's going on.

Listen, you are far from the only one suffering loneliness at uni. I too am someone no one wants to be friends with. I would try your best to worm in with your flatmates and your coursemates, and it may take time. But at the end of the day, you're at uni to get a degree so if you've got no mates then you have fewer distractions for work.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
      Listen, you are far from the only one suffering loneliness at uni. I too am someone no one wants to be friends with. I would try your best to worm in with your flatmates and your coursemates, and it may take time. But at the end of the day, you're at uni to get a degree so if you've got no mates then you have fewer distractions for work.
      There is nothing more destructive to getting work done than being unhappy and depressed.

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
        There is nothing more destructive to getting work done than being unhappy and depressed.
        Disagree. A certain type of person can use it to their advantage.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
        What would you do if your flatmate ditched you like that?

ReputationRep:
        Did your flatmate mean to leave you? They may not have done it intentionally - perhaps they thought you were sleeping or went out?

It has only been three days. Give it a chance. Go to the Freshers Fair and sign up for societies. Have you met your course mates yet? You can meet lots of people and make friends outside of your accommodation! The worst thing you can do is stay in your room and cry - get out there and go for it

ReputationRep:
        I'd reccommend a an anime waifu body pillow.
        • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
        Join clubs and societies which interest you at uni and mingle with people there.

Also sit next to and converse with people at your lectures and tutorials.

If you ever feel you need to talk to anyone, feel free to PM me .

ReputationRep:
        You don't. You just let it eat your soul until you wither away into nothingness.

(Original post by Repz)
          What would you do if your flatmate ditched you like that?
          My heart would be very upset, but my head would say forget about it, keep trying.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What newspaper do you read/prefer?
        Useful resources
        Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.