Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Logged on find out that my application has been automatically cancelled!!!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I do hope you can help me as this is baffling. I logged on to day and saw a letter that,
    "You started a Postgraduate Loan application, but didn’t finish this. Because your account has been inactive, we’ve cancelled your application for this year.
    This decision won’t affect your ability to apply again in future. If you decide to study for a postgraduate master’s qualification, you can still apply for a loan from us online. Make sure you use the same account details".

This makes no sense because i applied in June, i have sent every single evidence you requested. You then you request that i need a letter showing that my application fro Permanent residence (which i was awarded) was made on time.

I sent a letter giving you the permission to inquire with the Home Office about this. This letter was sent twice, and i have been ceiling every week to see the stage of my application. The gentleman i spoke with last week said they have sent the inquiry to the home office.
    I have done everything on my part and i was just waiting on the outcome of your inquiry with the home office. So i have no idea why my application was cancelled.

1) What i'm i to do now?
    2)Must i start whole process again?
    3)why was my application cancelled?

This is all terribly stressful.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyful)
    Hello,
    I do hope you can help me as this is baffling. I logged on to day and saw a letter that,
    "You started a Postgraduate Loan application, but didn’t finish this. Because your account has been inactive, we’ve cancelled your application for this year.
    This decision won’t affect your ability to apply again in future. If you decide to study for a postgraduate master’s qualification, you can still apply for a loan from us online. Make sure you use the same account details".

This makes no sense because i applied in June, i have sent every single evidence you requested. You then you request that i need a letter showing that my application fro Permanent residence (which i was awarded) was made on time.

I sent a letter giving you the permission to inquire with the Home Office about this. This letter was sent twice, and i have been ceiling every week to see the stage of my application. The gentleman i spoke with last week said they have sent the inquiry to the home office.
    I have done everything on my part and i was just waiting on the outcome of your inquiry with the home office. So i have no idea why my application was cancelled.

1) What i'm i to do now?
    2)Must i start whole process again?
    3)why was my application cancelled?

This is all terribly stressful.

Hi joyful,

Auto-cancel is a feature which has been introduced for PGL to cancel applications where there has been no activity or evidence requested has not been supplied, on a customer's account for a set a period of time.

As your enquiry is account specific and we have no access to your details.

Please call our Postgraduate team on

Tel: 0300 100 0031
    (Open Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 6.00pm)

Thanks Rona

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.