pskh
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I applied for a student loan in 2006 and any correspondance i have ever had regarding the repayment of my student loan only stated an SSN. I have stopped receiving letters from the Student Loan Company Ltd and when trying to contact them there's absolutely no way to get in touch with an actual person (rather than an automated service) without a CRN. When trying to find out my CRN online it just kicks me out of the system as it doesn't recognise any of my details. So then all I can do is call the automated service which, again, won't help me without a CRN.How can i get through to someone??? I am concerned that I have been paying thousands of pounds in repayments over the last 10 years which have essentially just been lost in the system.Please can someone get back to me????
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by pskh)
I applied for a student loan in 2006 and any correspondance i have ever had regarding the repayment of my student loan only stated an SSN. I have stopped receiving letters from the Student Loan Company Ltd and when trying to contact them there's absolutely no way to get in touch with an actual person (rather than an automated service) without a CRN. When trying to find out my CRN online it just kicks me out of the system as it doesn't recognise any of my details. So then all I can do is call the automated service which, again, won't help me without a CRN.How can i get through to someone??? I am concerned that I have been paying thousands of pounds in repayments over the last 10 years which have essentially just been lost in the system.Please can someone get back to me????
Write them a real letter and send it recorded delivery. You will not get a quick answer, but you will get an answer. The postman doesn't require a reference number before he delivers it.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by pskh)
You should have no trouble calling them without your CRN - sometimes just pressing 0 a few times will bypass automated call handling and put you through to a human.

Rest assured, your payments won't have been "lost in the system".

Did you apply via SFE? I'm not sure how it worked back in 2006, but this might help: https://logon.slc.co.uk/reset/pages/ForgotCRN.xhtml
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (80)
26.85%
No - I have already returned home (36)
12.08%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (60)
20.13%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (31)
10.4%
No - I live at home during term anyway (91)
30.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise