Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    On question 5.5 of the SAQ I have to enter my subjects in year 12 and year 13. I take Edexcel Maths A Level, which is a modular A Level. I don't have an AS Level in Maths as my school only entered us for 2 AS units in Year 12, not 3.

Should I title my Year 12 Maths class as AS level (UMS) or A Level (UMS)???

ReputationRep:
    stuck on this too. Cambridge Admissions Office is open tomorrow so will give them a ring.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Just spoke to Cambridge Admissions Team.

If you are studying modular Edexcel Maths and Further Maths, do this;

One row; Mathematics AS level (UMS)
    Next row; Mathematics A level (UMS)
    Next row; Further Mathematics AS level (UMS)
    Final row; Further Mathematics A Level (UMS)
    then try to cram in your topics in the right hand side - abbreviations are ok!

ReputationRep:
    When it comes to the topics, are you putting the unit titles or the actual topics within the units because I cannot chose which ones would be counted as 'main topics'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SEJChem)
    Just spoke to Cambridge Admissions Team.

If you are studying modular Edexcel Maths and Further Maths, do this;

One row; Mathematics AS level (UMS)
    Next row; Mathematics A level (UMS)
    Next row; Further Mathematics AS level (UMS)
    Final row; Further Mathematics A Level (UMS)
    then try to cram in your topics in the right hand side - abbreviations are ok!

Thanks for this. Do you have any idea if this also applies for OCR? The entry form seems to be fairly exam board agnostic, but I would like to be sure that I do not fill out the questionaire incorrectly.

ReputationRep:
    No idea I'm afraid. However as there are no other options that make sense and they will have a list of your modules and linear subjects I would think it would be fine.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SEJChem)
    No idea I'm afraid. However as there are no other options that make sense and they will have a list of your modules and linear subjects I would think it would be fine.
    Alright, thanks. I'm sure they're smart enough at Cambridge to work it out
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by LandoNorrisWDC)
    Thanks for this. Do you have any idea if this also applies for OCR? The entry form seems to be fairly exam board agnostic, but I would like to be sure that I do not fill out the questionaire incorrectly.
    Correct

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.