Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've just submitted my UCAS application for Wadham College at Oxford University but I've not had a chance to visit.
    If you've been can you tell me anything about it that I might not know from the website/YouTube? Specifically, (I know this shouldn't be too big a deal, but I've not been able to find /anything/ on it!) what are the shared bathrooms like? ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebecarys)
    I've just submitted my UCAS application for Wadham College at Oxford University but I've not had a chance to visit.
    If you've been can you tell me anything about it that I might not know from the website/YouTube? Specifically, (I know this shouldn't be too big a deal, but I've not been able to find /anything/ on it!) what are the shared bathrooms like? ^_^
    I am applying to Wadham College aswell , despite visitng Oxford twice I didn't visit it as a college. But just really liked it on google images and it has a good rep for veggie food, looks amazing, hosts events etc..

I think everyone you can find is online, but if you get an interview you will be able to visit it for yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    I am applying to Wadham College aswell , despite visitng Oxford twice I didn't visit it as a college. But just really liked it on google images and it has a good rep for veggie food, looks amazing, hosts events etc..

I think everyone you can find is online, but if you get an interview you will be able to visit it for yourself
    Yeah I love the idea that it's quite a friendly/sociable atmosphere, and I completely agree on the veggie food, though I've also heard dinners aren't very good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've spent most of my morning just looking at videos of it and it really does look beautiful ^_^ genuinely the only somewhat off-putting thing is the shared bathrooms, but I'll get over it.
    That's true, fingers crossed then! what course did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phoebecarys)
    Yeah I love the idea that it's quite a friendly/sociable atmosphere, and I completely agree on the veggie food, though I've also heard dinners aren't very good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've spent most of my morning just looking at videos of it and it really does look beautiful ^_^ genuinely the only somewhat off-putting thing is the shared bathrooms, but I'll get over it.
    That's true, fingers crossed then! what course did you apply for?
    I wasn't at Wadham (I was over the fence in Harris) but my now-husband was, and we lived there together for a while, both in the college itself and then out in Merifield (Wadham's offsite accommodation) for a while. Also, Harris and Wadham have shared sports teams/societies, so I spent a lot of time there for other reasons too.

The bit about college dinners is sadly true.. they weren't a patch on ours. But the bit about the atmosphere is also true - it's a super-friendly and diverse college, and it's very pretty (the gardens especially). The shared bathrooms weren't that big a deal (and I'm not sure any college has en suites with every room). It's an awesome college - good luck with your application!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.