phoebecarys
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've just submitted my UCAS application for Wadham College at Oxford University but I've not had a chance to visit.
If you've been can you tell me anything about it that I might not know from the website/YouTube? Specifically, (I know this shouldn't be too big a deal, but I've not been able to find /anything/ on it!) what are the shared bathrooms like? ^_^
username1292215
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by phoebecarys)
I've just submitted my UCAS application for Wadham College at Oxford University but I've not had a chance to visit.
If you've been can you tell me anything about it that I might not know from the website/YouTube? Specifically, (I know this shouldn't be too big a deal, but I've not been able to find /anything/ on it!) what are the shared bathrooms like? ^_^
I am applying to Wadham College aswell , despite visitng Oxford twice I didn't visit it as a college. But just really liked it on google images and it has a good rep for veggie food, looks amazing, hosts events etc..

I think everyone you can find is online, but if you get an interview you will be able to visit it for yourself
phoebecarys
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by SuperHuman98)
I am applying to Wadham College aswell , despite visitng Oxford twice I didn't visit it as a college. But just really liked it on google images and it has a good rep for veggie food, looks amazing, hosts events etc..

I think everyone you can find is online, but if you get an interview you will be able to visit it for yourself
Yeah I love the idea that it's quite a friendly/sociable atmosphere, and I completely agree on the veggie food, though I've also heard dinners aren't very good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've spent most of my morning just looking at videos of it and it really does look beautiful ^_^ genuinely the only somewhat off-putting thing is the shared bathrooms, but I'll get over it.
That's true, fingers crossed then! what course did you apply for?
*pitseleh*
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I love the idea that it's quite a friendly/sociable atmosphere, and I completely agree on the veggie food, though I've also heard dinners aren't very good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I've spent most of my morning just looking at videos of it and it really does look beautiful ^_^ genuinely the only somewhat off-putting thing is the shared bathrooms, but I'll get over it.
That's true, fingers crossed then! what course did you apply for?
I wasn't at Wadham (I was over the fence in Harris) but my now-husband was, and we lived there together for a while, both in the college itself and then out in Merifield (Wadham's offsite accommodation) for a while. Also, Harris and Wadham have shared sports teams/societies, so I spent a lot of time there for other reasons too.

The bit about college dinners is sadly true.. they weren't a patch on ours. But the bit about the atmosphere is also true - it's a super-friendly and diverse college, and it's very pretty (the gardens especially). The shared bathrooms weren't that big a deal (and I'm not sure any college has en suites with every room). It's an awesome college - good luck with your application!
Elaine5220
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am an oversea student and have received offer from Wadham College. Do anyone know how it is? And I also receive a scholarship from St Edmund Hall. Do anyone know how this college is? Which one should I choose? Could you give some advice
Glushko
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What course do you have an offer for, and what kind of scholarship at St Edmund Hall (normally known as Teddy Hall) offering you?
Elaine5220
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Glushko)
What course do you have an offer for, and what kind of scholarship at St Edmund Hall (normally known as Teddy Hall) offering you?
I am awarded a scholarship called EPA cephalosporin scholarship at first year.
colourtheory
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm at Wadham - is there anything that you'd like to know specifically?

My shared bathroom is a proper suite that is well maintained and handles the abuse shown to it by students.
Glushko
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

(Original post by Elaine5220)
I am awarded a scholarship called EPA cephalosporin scholarship at first year.
It's my understanding that's a scholarship offered by Linacre College, rather than St Edmund Hall:

http://www.linacre.ox.ac.uk/prospect...in-scholarship

If it's a choice between Linacre and Wadham, your experience at the two would most likely be quite different - Wadham is a 'mixed' college, with around 2/3 of its students being undergraduates, while Linacre is a college for graduates only.
Elaine5220
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh, actually my scholarship seems to be offered by St Edmund hall rather than Linacre College.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (711)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (895)
42.74%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (395)
18.86%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.44%

Watched Threads