Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lou's Journey to Vet School (A*AA) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luberry)
    Thank you! Have you been and looked around yet? The actual campus and facilities are amazing
    I went to the October the 14th open day and it's just wow! I loved everything about it and it felt amazing to just be there.

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the tag, i was reading this anyway so don't feel bad at all being tagged just makes it easier
    also it's kind of made me want to do one of these myself.......

congrats on the interview, see you there maybe?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redonks)
    thanks for the tag, i was reading this anyway so don't feel bad at all being tagged just makes it easier
    also it's kind of made me want to do one of these myself.......

congrats on the interview, see you there maybe?????
    haha okay 😂 go for it! it's definitely motivating to see the progress already.

thank you, you too! yes maybe, mine is at 10.45???

ReputationRep:
    haha okay 😂 go for it! it's definitely motivating to see the progress already.

thank you, you too! yes maybe, mine is at 10.45???
    ah mines at 2 so prob not :sad:
    though i might have to rearrange for a different day anyway because i won't have any photo ID for like 4 weeks :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redonks)
    ah mines at 2 so prob not :sad:
    though i might have to rearrange for a different day anyway because i won't have any photo ID for like 4 weeks :/
    oh that's annoying :/ good luck anyway!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    09/11/2017

What is this? Another timely update?! :ahhhhh:

I mean, I do kind of have an ulterior motive because I have some good news - yesterday I received an invitation for interview from Surrey! It's on the 25/11 so it gives me a bit of time to prepare, but I'm now in a state of nervous excitement...

Other than that, it's been pretty much business as usual. I'm feeling a lot better which is good, so hopefully I'm over the really bad cold I had. Cracking on with the kidneys in biology which means fun dissections (universal cry of 'yay!' and I've discovered in chemistry that a) I really like benzene and phenol for some reason (who knows?) and b) amines smell really, really terrible.

Attachment 702652

Biology notes!! (Sorry for the terrible lighting, evening study session was occurring)

I also got my results back for my most recent ancient history essay, which was.. an A!! Obviously I'm really happy with this, the feedback I received was great - basically I just missed out a few things because I ran out of time towards the end otherwise I would've got those full marks. So moving forwards that's definitely (as always) something to work on.

Til next time

Spoiler:
    Show

brainzistheword Fox Corner redonks Little Tail Chaser VictiniCup Protostar OrangeArcher Scitty
    (I feel terrible tagging people but unfortunately it seems like shameless self-promotion is the way to go )

Hey! :wavey: Have just had a read through of this and I'd love to be kept updated on how things go for you!
    Congratulations on your interview invite! :woo: And the A in your history essay, I was always absolutely useless at history
    Keep it up and let's hope for more interviews/offers eh?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    also, you have really nice handwriting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Protostar)
    Hey! :wavey: Have just had a read through of this and I'd love to be kept updated on how things go for you!
    Congratulations on your interview invite! :woo: And the A in your history essay, I was always absolutely useless at history
    Keep it up and let's hope for more interviews/offers eh?
    Spoiler:
    Show

also, you have really nice handwriting
    Thank you!! :ta: I was super inspired by your GYG last year so, like I said, shameless tagging
    Yes, fingers crossed for more interviews and so on, eek

Spoiler:
    Show

Haha thanks! It seems to change pretty regularly though?? :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    11/11/2017

So I guess I'll start with a kind of positive? I had a slow morning at the stables which made a nice change

Attachment 703000
    Max still doesn't understand photos

Which leads onto the not so good side... I got my chemistry test back on Friday. After completing it on Monday, I felt good about it (which should have been my first sign of warning) and the topic itself - arene compounds - is one I really ended up enjoying. And then, inevitably, I got the test back and all I could see was that big, fat C on it. It's really hard then to slow down and take something away from it because all you really want to do is crumple up those sheets of paper, stomp on them a few times and possibly (probably) set it on fire. Or at least, you know, that's how I felt. :banghead:

Instead I found myself going through the test with a green pen, trying to figure out where it all went wrong. What it came down to really was that I had dropped a couple of marks on pretty much every single question. It was frustrating to say the least - but I'm trying to learn from it. Which means that, today at least, I've done a lot more chemistry than I would usually do outside of class in the hopes that it pays off for the next test. I'm also trying, rather than just re-writing my notes, to do a lot more practice questions (which is tricky for the new spec) as I feel that will be a lot more beneficial.

And, after all of that, I got my report from my teachers for the first term. :facepalm:
    • Chemistry - Academic Grade: B, Effort Grade: 1 (where 1 is the best and 5 is the worst)
    • Ancient History - Academic Grade: A, Effort Grade: 1
    • Biology - Academic Grade: A*, Effort Grade: 1
    • EPQ - Academic Grade: A, Effort Grade: 1

I'm really happy with (most of) my report, especially biology :groovy: but it looks like chemistry is still my nemesis!

I'm at work again tomorrow 8-5 but I'll try and get some revision slotted in there.. somewhere.

Til next time! :hoppy:

ReputationRep:
    luberry Don't worry about your test grades that much, they don't really matter that much until you sit your proper exams in summer. If you do terrible the best thing that you can do is focus on where you went wrong and how to fix them.

ReputationRep:
    11/11/2017

So I guess I'll start with a kind of positive? I had a slow morning at the stables which made a nice change

Attachment 703000
    Max still doesn't understand photos

Which leads onto the not so good side... I got my chemistry test back on Friday. After completing it on Monday, I felt good about it (which should have been my first sign of warning) and the topic itself - arene compounds - is one I really ended up enjoying. And then, inevitably, I got the test back and all I could see was that big, fat C on it. It's really hard then to slow down and take something away from it because all you really want to do is crumple up those sheets of paper, stomp on them a few times and possibly (probably) set it on fire. Or at least, you know, that's how I felt. :banghead:

Instead I found myself going through the test with a green pen, trying to figure out where it all went wrong. What it came down to really was that I had dropped a couple of marks on pretty much every single question. It was frustrating to say the least - but I'm trying to learn from it. Which means that, today at least, I've done a lot more chemistry than I would usually do outside of class in the hopes that it pays off for the next test. I'm also trying, rather than just re-writing my notes, to do a lot more practice questions (which is tricky for the new spec) as I feel that will be a lot more beneficial.

And, after all of that, I got my report from my teachers for the first term. :facepalm:
    • Chemistry - Academic Grade: B, Effort Grade: 1 (where 1 is the best and 5 is the worst)
    • Ancient History - Academic Grade: A, Effort Grade: 1
    • Biology - Academic Grade: A*, Effort Grade: 1
    • EPQ - Academic Grade: A, Effort Grade: 1

I'm really happy with (most of) my report, especially biology :groovy: but it looks like chemistry is still my nemesis!

I'm at work again tomorrow 8-5 but I'll try and get some revision slotted in there.. somewhere.

Til next time! :hoppy:

Don't worry about it, everyone is meant to not do as well in the first test. It's impressive than you got an As and A*s in everything else.
    Take UnJaded Jade for example, a youtuber who got 4As in her first year. She only got Cs at the start of the year in Chemistry.

Also you could check out my revision blog as well

Submit reply
Updated: November 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.