The Student Room Group

Lou's Journey to Vet School (A*AA)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Little Tail Chaser
Yooo well done on some great grades recently :biggrin: Keep up the good work!

Congrats on hearing from Nottingham and best of luck for the RVC on Weds! I'll be working that day so I might see you around :ninja:

Thank you!! :biggrin:
Reply 41
05/01/2018

Look who's finally back! So much has happened since my last post whoops. I should probably finish off 2017 first though, right?
Well I had my RVC interview on the 13th of December which went better than I'd expected - I actually kind of ended up enjoying it in a weird way. I was with a great group of people and a lovely student ambassador which really helped :smile: I also had a really nice break over Christmas and New Years, spending lots of time with friends and family.

It's been really good to reflect back on all the things I've achieved in 2017 - completing lots of work experience and meeting new people, turning eighteen, starting my new job, sitting my first exams at college. There were also low points - losing my beloved pony, Ollie, failing my driving test the first time around, being convinced I'd never be any good at chemistry or get into university. But, in the end, I overcame them all. Hopefully 2018 should be another year full of brilliant new experiences :biggrin:

IMG_4394.jpg

In terms of 2018...
So far it's not so bad - because yesterday I received a conditional offer from University of Surrey to study Vet Med!! :excited:
One step closer to achieving my dream :biggrin:

Now focusing on preparing for my interview at Notts at the end of January and revising for mocks, which are happening in the first week of February. I'll try and get back on top of updating this too!

Spoiler

Original post by luberry
05/01/2018

Look who's finally back! So much has happened since my last post whoops. I should probably finish off 2017 first though, right?
Well I had my RVC interview on the 13th of December which went better than I'd expected - I actually kind of ended up enjoying it in a weird way. I was with a great group of people and a lovely student ambassador which really helped :smile: I also had a really nice break over Christmas and New Years, spending lots of time with friends and family.

It's been really good to reflect back on all the things I've achieved in 2017 - completing lots of work experience and meeting new people, turning eighteen, starting my new job, sitting my first exams at college. There were also low points - losing my beloved pony, Ollie, failing my driving test the first time around, being convinced I'd never be any good at chemistry or get into university. But, in the end, I overcame them all. Hopefully 2018 should be another year full of brilliant new experiences :biggrin:

IMG_4394.jpg

In terms of 2018...
So far it's not so bad - because yesterday I received a conditional offer from University of Surrey to study Vet Med!! :excited:
One step closer to achieving my dream :biggrin:

Now focusing on preparing for my interview at Notts at the end of January and revising for mocks, which are happening in the first week of February. I'll try and get back on top of updating this too!

Spoiler

Glad to see you back, well done on your offer to Surrey. I have mocks as soon as I go back and I'm so unprepared 😌
How do you revise biology? I do the same exam board as you and i'm stuck on a B
Well done on your offer from surrey !!!!!!
This is a touch self-indulgent, don't you think?
Reply 45
Original post by 'Tetragrammaton'
This is a touch self-indulgent, don't you think?

In what way?
Reply 46
Original post by happiness12
How do you revise biology? I do the same exam board as you and i'm stuck on a B
Well done on your offer from surrey !!!!!!

Ugh I swear I wrote you the longest post with full sentences and everything but then my computer froze and ate it, so now I'm going to be lazy and bullet point it.

Condensing my notes and making sure all of the points on the OCR specification are covered

Just so many practice questions honestly - summary and exam questions in textbook, lots of relevant past paper questions that my lovely teacher finds for me and spends the departments budget on printing out, stretch-and-challenge or whatever you want to call them problems, extra maths related questions in different textbook (can't remember the name of this one whoops but let me know and I can find out for you)

Perhaps even more importantly - mark them using mark scheme, note down missed points in different colour and revise where you went wrong - learn what the examiner wants you to say according the mark scheme basically

Work out your exam technique and where you might be going wrong with this - check to see if you're answering the question in enough detail to earn all of the marks, make sure you read the question carefully and understand what's it's asking you to do (this is a recent personal favourite of mine apparently, especially in chemistry eek)

Hope this helps!
Thank you!!! Best of luck with your application :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending