Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    If i applied in october, will i get offer sooner?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Igen)
    If i applied in october, will i get offer sooner?
    "Sooner"?

Applying early doesn't give you any advantage, but yes you might get a *decision* "soon", or not.... some decisions don't get sent until March (or later), even for "early" applicants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    "Sooner"?

Applying early doesn't give you any advantage, but yes you might get a *decision* "soon", or not.... some decisions don't get sent until March (or later), even for "early" applicants.
    So the unis start to considering applications already in the fall?

ReputationRep:
    there is no sooner or later in this process
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Igen)
    So the unis start to considering applications already in the fall?
    Most universities have a rolling decision process, some (eg Oxbridge) wait until all applications are received, and then consider the "gathered field". Those with rolling processes might make decisions (offer/reject) for some clear applicants early, but hold back on the more borderline decisions.

However everyone applying before the relevant deadline (15 Jan in most cases) receives "equal consideration" no matter when they apply.

Edit: which course at Warwick are you applying for?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    A boy in my class applied suuuuuper early for Computer Science and got an offer for King's College like 3 days ago, i'd say that the sooner you apply, the sooner you get an offer. That's why my school as an internal UCAS deadline for November.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent007)
    A boy in my class applied suuuuuper early for Computer Science and got an offer for King's College like 3 days ago, i'd say that the sooner you apply, the sooner you get an offer. That's why my school as an internal UCAS deadline for November.
    Most schools do that I think, Personal Statement must be finished by early ish October and must be sent off in the first week of November.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Most universities have a rolling decision process, some (eg Oxbridge) wait until all applications are received, and then consider the "gathered field". Those with rolling processes might make decisions (offer/reject) for some clear applicants early, but hold back on the more borderline decisions.

However everyone applying before the relevant deadline (15 Jan in most cases) receives "equal consideration" no matter when they apply.

Edit: which course at Warwick are you applying for?
    Mathematics and philosophy
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Warwick have been making offers quickly from what I've seen.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Igen)
    Mathematics and philosophy
    They have a >90% offer rate so it's likely you will hear quickly.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for everyone

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.