Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I sent of my oxford application but only after sending it, I realized that one of my predicted grades was entered wrong, and now I'm predicted one less IB point than I should be.

My teacher said that if she just emails the Uni and explains what happened, then it should be fine. Does anyone know if everything will be okay, and that the Uni will understand that it was an honest mistake?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsapugslife)
    I sent of my oxford application but only after sending it, I realized that one of my predicted grades was entered wrong, and now I'm predicted one less IB point than I should be.

My teacher said that if she just emails the Uni and explains what happened, then it should be fine. Does anyone know if everything will be okay, and that the Uni will understand that it was an honest mistake?
    You should be able to message UCAS and tell them what happened. They can fix it

ReputationRep:
    your school should contact the universities

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cappa2)
    You should be able to message UCAS and tell them what happened. They can fix it
    Should I ask my teacher first, and would UCAS not ask for my reference to back me up or something, to make sure I'm not lying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qam)
    your school should contact the universities
    If it's done after the deadline, would that be okay?

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure but its best to do it as soon as possible
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Something similar happened to me with Cambridge. I called the college I was applying for and they told me my teacher or school could send an email containing my current and predicted grades so they could connect them to my application, so that's what I did! They were really nice so I would recommend to call your college! I am sure they will help you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ellectron)
    Something similar happened to me with Cambridge. I called the college I was applying for and they told me my teacher or school could send an email containing my current and predicted grades so they could connect them to my application, so that's what I did! They were really nice so I would recommend to call your college! I am sure they will help you.
    Okay, thank you very much! Was the email sent this before or after the oxbridge application deadline?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thank you very much! Was the email sent this before or after the oxbridge application deadline?
    Before! But it would be okay no mattet what. Just as soon as possible. My teacher forgot one predicted grade and I needed to call ucas to stop my reference sending (which they luckily did). When I called my college about the situation they said the best thing is to send then exactly the grades and predicted. Something worth mentioning is perhaps that I applied with international qualifications but I am 100% sure they won’t mind helping you.

ReputationRep:
    Before! But it would be okay no mattet what. Just as soon as possible. My teacher forgot one predicted grade and I needed to call ucas to stop my reference sending (which they luckily did). When I called my college about the situation they said the best thing is to send then exactly the grades and predicted. Something worth mentioning is perhaps that I applied with international qualifications but I am 100% sure they won’t mind helping you.
    okay, so call and email the college my actual predicted grades? thank you!

ReputationRep:
    okay, so call and email the college my actual predicted grades? thank you!
    Yes! Call and ask what you should do

ReputationRep:
    If it's done after the deadline, would that be okay?
    Can't your teacher email them before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by new1234)
    Can't your teacher email them before?
    idk I emailed her and she hasn't replied, so I'll only see her on Monday?

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Call and ask what you should do
    okay thank you!

ReputationRep:
    idk I emailed her and she hasn't replied, so I'll only see her on Monday?
    Dont worry. It should be fine after the deadline since they still take ages to review applications and give out offers/interviews.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by new1234)
    Dont worry. It should be fine after the deadline since they still take ages to review applications and give out offers/interviews.
    okay that's made me feel calmer, thank you! x

ReputationRep:
    okay that's made me feel calmer, thank you! x
    your welcome!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.