Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've always been fairly academic with good GCSE's. I'm currently in college. I liked my Business GCSE and I like my Business A-Level. To be honest, I find the long online business reports a bit boring. I like the lessons, I like the teachers, I like my fellow students.

My current career choices are tied between: television production, journalism, or being a (business?) teacher. I like Business, but I don't want to face the loans if the degree will be useless to me and my career path. I want to do something quite broad, rather than engineering or nursing - these limit my career choices. I like the sound of the university experience - running around the beautiful campuses and staying in halls and having fun.

I've made some brilliant friends at school. They're not going to university and I don't want to lose touch.

I know that university is a massive workload.
    Is it normal to have doubts? I don't want to start it and drop out because I know that I'll feel disappointed in myself. And how much independent study (reading, assignments) do you do for a Business Management degree?

ReputationRep:
    It is normal to have some worries about starting university, but if it is enough to make you think that you don't want to go, you could take a gap year or defer entry. You could use the time to get an internship or work experience and to explore other avenues. University isn't always a necessary, and if you find you do need it, you can always return to it later on, when you are more confident in your decisions.

At university, the workload can pile up if you are not organised, especially during assignment and exam time. If you enjoy your subject, you will be able to cope and find your course interesting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.