Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do primark now allow you to work both weekdays and weekends??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I just applied for a retail assistant job in Primark at the Tottenham Court Road branch and I noticed on the job advert it says that the working hours are: Fully Flexible Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon various 20 hour shifts from 13:00 - 22:00.

What does it mean? I was under the impression that Primark only either offer you a weekday contract or a weekend contract? The advert stating the working days seems to suggest that whoever gets the job will have to work on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I thought they either let you work on weekdays or on a weekend, that they don't allow you to do a mixture of working a few days during the weekdays and then work on a Saturday or a Sunday. And what do they mean by Fully Flexible? I thought the hours are fixed like many people on the forum have said. Have they now changed how they run employee shifts?

ReputationRep:
    I recently got a job in primark and my hours are in weekend bit I get over time every week for weekdays ... idk if this is helpful 🤣 lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by in_hindsight)
    I just applied for a retail assistant job in Primark at the Tottenham Court Road branch and I noticed on the job advert it says that the working hours are: Fully Flexible Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon various 20 hour shifts from 13:00 - 22:00.

What does it mean? I was under the impression that Primark only either offer you a weekday contract or a weekend contract? The advert stating the working days seems to suggest that whoever gets the job will have to work on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. I thought they either let you work on weekdays or on a weekend, that they don't allow you to do a mixture of working a few days during the weekdays and then work on a Saturday or a Sunday. And what do they mean by Fully Flexible? I thought the hours are fixed like many people on the forum have said. Have they now changed how they run employee shifts?
    Best people to ask are primark
    It clearly states flexibility of hours over Friday to Monday and that it’s a 20 hour position. This probably means they will vary your hours over the four days. It’s for their benefit not yours
    If you want weekends only they’re unlikely to let you do two 10 hour shifts. Especially since the law does not permit more than 8 hours for under 18s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by in_hindsight)

Fully flexible means you have to be available to work overtime. I used to work at Primark on weekend contract and they had always asked me to work extra hours to meet the demands of the business.
    Most employers nowadays expect that now though so that is what you should expect.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.