Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I have already applied to my universities via UCAS, and have put down "will be living at home" for two universities. However, for one of these universities I don't intend on living at home anymore. Do you know if I could apply for accommodation having received an offer, despite having said I would live at home previously? Would this affect my chances of getting accommodation?

Thanks in advance and GOOD LUCK!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone??

ReputationRep:
    Hellllooooooooooooooo

ReputationRep:
    If you get an offer, just email and say that you need information on applying for accomodation.

I don’t think it has any effect on whether you get an offer.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rj2018)
    Basically I have already applied to my universities via UCAS, and have put down "will be living at home" for two universities. However, for one of these universities I don't intend on living at home anymore. Do you know if I could apply for accommodation having received an offer, despite having said I would live at home previously? Would this affect my chances of getting accommodation?

Thanks in advance and GOOD LUCK!
    I think in some universities, it is just for information purposes. Many universities tend to accommodate first years and ask them to live out in subsequent years.

My advice will be to wait until you receive your offers and then email the universities to indicate that you changed your mind and intend to apply for university accommodation.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeapingLucy)
    If you get an offer, just email and say that you need information on applying for accomodation.

I don’t think it has any effect on whether you get an offer.
    Ahh that's what I've read on the internet - thanks so much, such a relief.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    I think in some universities, it is just for information purposes. Many universities tend to accommodate first years and ask them to live out in subsequent years.

My advice will be to wait until you receive your offers and then email the universities to indicate that you changed your mind and intend to apply for university accommodation.

Good luck
    Perfect, so I should just wait until I get an offer (touch wood) and then enquire? Thanks so much!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rj2018)
    Perfect, so I should just wait until I get an offer (touch wood) and then enquire? Thanks so much!
    Yeah, you dont want anything to mess with your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    Yeah, you dont want anything to mess with your application.
    That's what I'll do then - thanks again and good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.