Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I dated this guy for more than a year, but we got into unis in different countries and decided to try for long distance. That was almost 2 months ago. I started uni a few weeks ago and pretty soon I realized that I'm confused about my feelings for the LDR. I told him about it and after much tears we decided to split up for a while. That messed up my head pretty badly. Last night I got drunk and made out with one of my friend's flatmates, which made me become even more confused. My ex is supposed to come and see me in a week's time, but now I don't know whether that's a good idea or not. I feel extremely bad about what I've done and don't know how to make things right...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a good idea to me. Best wishes. Light.

ReputationRep:
    What you did , you did after you broke up with your boyfriend, so why do you feel guilty?

If you have broken up, why is your ex going to see you? You already struggled with the long distance relationship before, and I assume he will go back abroad to study after you meet up. What can you hope to achieve? It is the best thing that he goes to visit you? Maybe after a break up, a clean break is the best thing, even if is just for a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I dated this guy for more than a year, but we got into unis in different countries and decided to try for long distance. That was almost 2 months ago. I started uni a few weeks ago and pretty soon I realized that I'm confused about my feelings for the LDR. I told him about it and after much tears we decided to split up for a while. That messed up my head pretty badly. Last night I got drunk and made out with one of my friend's flatmates, which made me become even more confused. My ex is supposed to come and see me in a week's time, but now I don't know whether that's a good idea or not. I feel extremely bad about what I've done and don't know how to make things right...
    Long distance relationships are for the movies, in the real world they hardly ever work. Its not your fault, I mean we all crave a physical connection alongside the emotional one. You should probably just make it clear you guys are done with forever and move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakelove)
    If you have broken up, why is your ex going to see you? You already struggled with the long distance relationship before, and I assume he will go back abroad to study after you meet up. What can you hope to achieve? It is the best thing that he goes to visit you? Maybe after a break up, a clean break is the best thing, even if is just for a while.
    We bought the tickets for his bus almost a month ago. I feel bad telling him not to come when he has spent so much money to come and see me. At the same time I feel like I'm gonna do something stupid when I see him. I still love him very much, but I don't know how we would've made LDR work if we would've been separated for the next 5 years...
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.