Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Women are not that hard to understand Watch

ReputationRep:
    a steak dinner will do the job

https://i.imgur.com/251J0ht.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Before I got the job I have now, I used to work in a pushy sales environment and the first thing you were told is that people will give you BS. So either meet their lie with an alternative or skip straight over and keep pushing them, until they either overtly tell you to leave them alone or they become aggressive.

It a minimum wage job on a zero hours contract, I didn't even get private health cover, but damn did it make a man of me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HucktheForde)

So basically woman are foodies...

ReputationRep:

Just using you for a free meal!

Classic hoe behaviour!:huff:
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Unless she is a vegetarian or for some reason, a vegan

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only one looking at this thinking... What's wrong with what she said?

She said she was not free tomorrow, and didn't want to go to your place, or meet yet because it was too fast, too soon. Then when you offered simply going to a restaurant meal she said yes, that sounds great 'I think just normal food that's ok' and told you two evenings she was free next week - but not tomorrow.

Maybe it is because it's a steak dinner and that is expensive, I'm not a material person so I don't consider this as much as maybe normal people would in judging the exchange... But, really? Who can blame someone for not wanting to go straight back to someone's house for activities including 'cuddle, etc.', and then for saying a meal out is okay and they can meet?
    I mean, I wouldn't, I'd be iffy about you full stop from the very limited amount I can glean... but other people wouldn't necessarily and would still be willing to meet and find out more. *shrugs*

Maybe next time you want to test someone's motives, say 'a meal out' or 'go to a cinema' instead of steak dinner, since they're not signifying wealth. See what happens then, and if they respond... maybe it really is that they just didn't want to rush back to your place for cuddles straight away?

Edit: Maybe I'm just naive. I don't like power politics/games but this is what the majority of people accept as a fact of interaction between the genders. I feel it as a lack of humanity and respect. I don't see the fact that both genders play their roles within it as exonerating anyone for being deceitful on an individual level themselves. Whether that is pretending to like someone while disrespecting them secretly as less valuable within your mind - purely because they did exactly what you wanted and coerced them to - just to sleep with them; or being a gold digger and pretending to like someone while secretly thinking they're pathetic (for doing what you wanted/coerced them to), just to rinse them.

(Original post by Ribbits)
      Am I the only one looking at this thinking... What's wrong with what she said?
      No.

I'd be iffy about you full stop
      Don't be mean to poor Forde.

ReputationRep:
      Tinder?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mathemagicien)
      No.

Don't be mean to poor Forde.
      So have I misinterpreted the point of the whole thread?... That women aren't complicated, they want money?

Or was everyone supposed to see it the way I did, and it's meant to be ironic?

o. o
      Maybe I'm just stupid...

(Original post by Ribbits)
        So have I misinterpreted the point of the whole thread?... That women aren't complicated, they want money?

Or was everyone supposed to see it the way I did, and it's meant to be ironic?

o. o
        Maybe I'm just stupid...
        I interpreted is as women want food. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Mathemagicien)
        I interpreted is as women want food. :rofl:
        That is a third possibility... Maybe OP will clear this up.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 14, 2017
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.