Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    This is my first time ever really posting on TSR but I thought doing this challenge would help me keep track of my progress throughout the year as well as helping my use some English skills occasionally as I now do no English work. I almost miss it... So I've now been going to my college for just over a month and I take:
    ~ A Level Maths
    ~ A Level Biology
    ~ A Level Chemistry
    ~ A Level Music
    ~ EPQ

In my GCSEs I got:
    ~ Maths - 8
    ~ English Literature - 8
    ~ English Language - 6
    ~ Biology - A*
    ~ Chemistry - A
    ~ Physics - A
    ~ Further Maths - A*
    ~ French - A*
    ~ Geography - A
    ~ Psychology - A
    ~ Music - B
    ~ Religious Philosophy - B

Which I was super happy with. As well as getting my Grade 5 (Merit) in Acoustic Guitar.

By the end of the school year, I hope to have my Grade 6 in Electric Guitar and at least Bs in all of my subjects. So far, I've gotten results from my first Chemistry and Biology tests and I got Bs in both and I will get my Music and Maths test results back. I need to decide on my EPQ topic by the start of the next half term and I would like to make it Music themed as I would like to be a professional musician and aim to either take Music as a degree or do an apprenticeship.

Thanks for reading, I'll update soon xx

ReputationRep:
    Heya!
    So I decided to talk about my supplies for each subject and how I keep organised for anyone who's interested.

General Equipment
    Scientific Calculator - For Maths, Chemistry and Biology (this was a special calculator specifically for Maths but can also be used for Science)
    Pens - For writing notes and answering questions
    Coloured Pens - For writing notes and marking questions
    Mechanical Pencil - For Maths and writing on scores in Music
    Ruler - For Maths
    Flashcards - For revision notes
    Lined Paper - For notes
    Squared Paper - For working in Maths
    Poly-Pockets - To store notes and booklets in

Biology
    1 Pink Plastic Wallet - To carry what I need to class
    1 Pink Lever Arch Folder - To store my notes and booklets from class

We were also given copies of the specification and a general Year 1 Biology workbook.

Chemistry
    1 Black Plastic Wallet (I couldn't get purple )
    1 Purple Lever Arch Folder

Maths
    1 Black Plastic Wallet
    1 Black Lever Arch Folder

Music
    1 Blue Plastic Wallet
    1 Blue Lever Arch Folder

We were also given a book of Manuscript paper and a copy of the scores we are studying.

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I've labelled each of my Lever Arch Folders and Plastic Wallets with the subject they are for and hope to only need one Lever Arch Folder per subject (a girl can dream) so I can keep them colour coordinated by subject.

That was just a quick update on my Equipment for class, thank you for reading xx

ReputationRep:
    Helloooooooooo there and (almost) Happy Halloween!
    So, I got my results for my Maths and Music tests and I'm pretty happy honestly; I got a B in Music and a D in Maths. Overall my current grades look like this:
    ~ Maths - D
    ~ Biology - B
    ~ Chemistry - B
    ~ Music - B

Obviously though, I have just started college - though I'm already a 12th of the way through 0.0 . This means two things about my results.
    They are only based on a small amount of content so were easier in that aspect HOWEVER, they were also based on skills which I've only just began to learn and develop meaning I should improve over time.

In terms of my work over half term, it isn't too bad. For Biology, I need to complete my folder so it is completely updated with all of Topic 1 and make a few revision resources so I don't have too much to do when I actually need to revise. For Chemistry, I have to finish some Mole calculations booklets which I've luckily already done. For Maths, I have a booklet on the topics covered I need to finish and for Music, I have no homework! I also have some homework for my EPQ which is just to start writing my initial ideas so I am ready to start when we get back.

That's all I have for this time but thanks for reading

ReputationRep:
    Hi there!
    This is just a small update on my college experience, not my actual grades.

I decided to try to run for Student President at my college and there are currently 8, I think, nominees. Over half term, until the 30th, we have to write a Personal Statement on why we would be the best Student President and so should be put on the ballot paper. These statements will be voted on to get the 6 people who will get to run for Student President and so will be on the ballot paper. If we get through this stage we will have to make videos, manifestos and posters etc. I am super excited to see if I get through as I think that I would be able to really improve the college if I was elected as President/Vice President.

Thanks for reading
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    So I'm currently writing this on "T2 day", not a clue what it stands for, but it's the day where we have a 1-2-1 meeting with our form tutors to discuss how we're doing and think about our future career paths. I also attended a lecture on Student Finance and Apprenticeships. My form tutor seemed pretty happy with how I'm doing so far and was super nice just saying I needed to practice Maths a bit more so I would do better (than a D) next time.

After looking into it a bit more I think I would like to study music at University, possibly as a flexible honours which is where you do extra subjects as part of the degree. I'm hoping to potentially study at Manchester University as it is reasonably near to where I live (more home cooked food), but also has good options for the course. To study there, I will need a Grade 8 in my instrument (Guitar) as well as an A in my Music A Level. I am also trying to get a Theory Grade (8) before applying to University to improve my application as well as the fact I enjoy theory.

In other news, I have got through to be a Student President candidate at my college meaning I will get to campaign to be the Student President of the Student Union. This means I will get to create posters, manifestos and videos to hopefully win the role.

Thanks for reading x
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Smileygirl12)
    Hi
    So I'm currently writing this on "T2 day", not a clue what it stands for, but it's the day where we have a 1-2-1 meeting with our form tutors to discuss how we're doing and think about our future career paths. I also attended a lecture on Student Finance and Apprenticeships. My form tutor seemed pretty happy with how I'm doing so far and was super nice just saying I needed to practice Maths a bit more so I would do better (than a D) next time.

After looking into it a bit more I think I would like to study music at University, possibly as a flexible honours which is where you do extra subjects as part of the degree. I'm hoping to potentially study at Manchester University as it is reasonably near to where I live (more home cooked food), but also has good options for the course. To study there, I will need a Grade 8 in my instrument (Guitar) as well as an A in my Music A Level. I am also trying to get a Theory Grade (8) before applying to University to improve my application as well as the fact I enjoy theory.

In other news, I have got through to be a Student President candidate at my college meaning I will get to campaign to be the Student President of the Student Union. This means I will get to create posters, manifestos and videos to hopefully win the role.

Thanks for reading x
    Great blog! Hope you can get your Grade 8 theory. I've always wanted to do music theory and sit the exams but I've never got round to it.

Best of luck with the Student Presidential campaign too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    Great blog! Hope you can get your Grade 8 theory. I've always wanted to do music theory and sit the exams but I've never got round to it.

Best of luck with the Student Presidential campaign too!
    Thanks! You should definitely try learning some theory as it's really interesting to look at how music is created and fits together. I recommend the website MyMusicTheory
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Smileygirl12)
    Thanks! You should definitely try learning some theory as it's really interesting to look at how music is created and fits together. I recommend the website MyMusicTheory
    No problem - and thank you! I'll definitely take a look. I worked towards my Grade 3 piano by the time i left school but it's now become something I find very little time to do anymore which is a shame...

All the best!

ReputationRep:
    Heya.
    So, this week I've been moving house so obviously life is pretty hectic. Unfortunately, that has affected my college work. I've missed writing up notes and homework and I'm pretty behind in almost all of my subjects. Right now I feel pretty rubbish as I have notes of several weeks to catch up, homeworks due and posters to finish/print as well as unpacking and trying to not get too stressed. I'll let you know how I'm doing in a bit though currently it's not so great.
    Thanks for reading x

ReputationRep:
    Hi there
    So, this week I've been doing a lot better. My notes are almost completely up to date and I managed to do a tiny bit of revision for my Biology test which was today. Unfortunately I really needed to do more but at least I managed to do some and hopefully by Christmas, I'll have a lot less to think about and will be able to relax a bit more. Currently, I have to prepare for the Christmas Show, the Talent Show, the Presidential Election debate, my guitar grades, my exams in music, chemistry and maths and continue to do homework as well as keeping up my social life and general life. Luckily, I know what I need to do so I just need to work hard and I can manage it all! (Hopefully...)
    Thanks for reading x

Submit reply
Updated: November 28, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.