Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

can you put modual grades on your CV for your A levels or not Watch

ReputationRep:
    ^^^title
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by steve98)
    ^^^title
    Yes if you wish, but ask yourself whether its relevant and the person on the other end will wish to know.

ReputationRep:
    Seems a bit overkill, but if you think it will help sell yourself then I don’t see why not
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    ^^^title
    Most employers are more interested in your potential to do the job at hand, not A-levels. Unless the A-level is specifically and directly relevant to the job.
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    ^^^title
    Not unless the employer is asking for them. might be relevant for an academic application, to a scholarship or similar, but I can't think of any employer that would care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Yes if you wish, but ask yourself whether its relevant and the person on the other end will wish to know.
    i am really not sure whether it would just be a waste of time or not as i know some employers will ask to have certain A levels results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoliticsandP)
    Seems a bit overkill, but if you think it will help sell yourself then I don’t see why not
    Yeah i was thinking it may be a waste of time but then im not really sure as surely it would strongly work in your favour if you had great A levels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Most employers are more interested in your potential to do the job at hand, not A-levels. Unless the A-level is specifically and directly relevant to the job.
    If the employer wanted certain A level results then surely it would strongly work in your favour wouldnt it correct me if i am wrong its just what ive seen ontbe TSR and what ive been told but i wasnt to sure about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    Not unless the employer is asking for them. might be relevant for an academic application, to a scholarship or similar, but I can't think of any employer that would care.
    dont certain employers ask for a strong academic profile which would suggest A levels so wouldnt that work strongly in your favour then or not ?
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    dont certain employers ask for a strong academic profile which would suggest A levels so wouldnt that work strongly in your favour then or not ?
    not to the detail of A level modules. A strong academic profile is sufficiently demonstrated by the final A level grade. They aren't even bothered if AS grades are available. Unless a hiring manager actually has a teenager aged 16-18 or hangs about on TSR, they won't have a clue about A level modules.

A strong academic profile is demonstrated by a double figure number of GCSEs with a number of A*/As, A*/A with perhaps the odd irrelevant B at A level (40 points or more at IB) and a degree at 2.1 or above from a University with a strong reputation in that business sector.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    not to the detail of A level modules. A strong academic profile is sufficiently demonstrated by the final A level grade. They aren't even bothered if AS grades are available. Unless a hiring manager actually has a teenager aged 16-18 or hangs about on TSR, they won't have a clue about A level modules.

A strong academic profile is demonstrated by a double figure number of GCSEs with a number of A*/As, A*/A with perhaps the odd irrelevant B at A level (40 points or more at IB) and a degree at 2.1 or above from a University with a strong reputation in that business sector.
    ohhh i see i didnt realise that this was the case as i thought A level modules on a CV would make a difference but i wont put them on if its just not going to make a difference
    and would leaving of AS levels always be the case even if one has archieved AAB
    • Community Assistant
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    ohhh i see i didnt realise that this was the case as i thought A level modules on a CV would make a difference but i wont put them on if its just not going to make a difference
    and would leaving of AS levels always be the case even if one has archieved AAB
    AS level grades are always irrelevant unless it's the final grade and you didn;t take it on to a full A level. No employer ever cares about an intermediate AS level that is taken on to A level.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.