Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically, I asked a girl for her number but she said that she'd prefer to take mine. Hasn't contacted me yet although I know some do leave it for a bit so I'm not closing the door but generally, if a girl gets your number, is that a bad sign as I generally hear about guys getting a number as opposed to vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Just be patient.

(Original post by cactuss)
    Nope. Just be patient.
    I'm pretty sure there's a 24 hour rule sort of thing. Is it fair to assume they aren't into you after this period of time?

ReputationRep:
    Its her way of politely telling you that shes not sure if she wants yo numba...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm pretty sure there's a 24 hour rule sort of thing. Is it fair to assume they aren't into you after this period of time?
    I don't think you can automatically assume this. I'm extremely forgetful so idk

(Original post by yungaheartz)
    Its her way of politely telling you that shes not sure if she wants yo numba...
    Yeah, I kinda thought so. Anyway, good to know so I can move on.

ReputationRep:
    How was she acting before you got her number? Did it seem like she was eager to get away?

(Original post by JustAnother12)
    How was she acting before you got her number? Did it seem like she was eager to get away?
    She didn't seem as if she was eager to get away as she was asking whether I'd be walking with her to her bus (although this was probably just a friendly gesture seeing as she thought I walked in the same direction to her). She was talking more than me in our conversation so I don't think she was eager to get away in that context. At this point, I believe she is just a generally friendly person and seeing as she hasn't gotten backed to me since, it's probably best I leave it here.

As that other guy said, I do appreciate the fact she took my number rather than me taking hers as I suggested as it probably would've been slightly awkward for her.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, If she was friendly, wouldn't she at least have texted you perhaps? I'm not too sure on this one.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Forget rules. If she likes you, she will text you.

(Original post by UWS)
    Forget rules. If she likes you, she will text you.
    Eh, I would say that if she was going to text me, she'd have done it by now.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    There's your answer then.

Move onto other girls now.

ReputationRep:

When you ask a girl for her number and she refuses and says she'll rather take yours SHE AIN'T QUITE FEELING YOU too much, and the odds of her actually calling are minimal.

I got this once, I asked a girl for a drink and she said "give me your number", but she said it a bit too quick and I was instantly suspicious ...so said to her that I'd rather take her number and got my phone out to take it.

she gave me her number and then literally ran

I thought, hmmm ...that was strange. ..but she did say she was running late, maybe that was it....

a couple of days later I called the number and got the voice operator telling me the number doesn't exist

girl gave me a fake number and bolted.

After that incident I made sure to usually check any numbers I got on the spot and ring her phone right there to make sure the number is not fake. But in the end I stopped that though, because at the end of the day if she ain't that into you, her giving you her real number isn't going to make any differance is it, she's just going to ignore you when you call...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.