Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    ok so i was looking at the charts and my God, they're so boring.

does anybody have any good songs to suggest? i don't mind if it's new or old, just as long as it's not boring, grime or sad music lol

ReputationRep:
    Try Bloc Party, Sundae Karma, Cage the Elephant, Portugal the Man, The Neighbourhood
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bellions)
    ok so i was looking at the charts at my God, they're so boring.

does anybody have any good songs to suggest? i don't mind if it's new or old, just as long as it's not boring, grime or sad music lol
    This thread should probably be in the Music forum. No worries, I'll just tag AngryJellyfish to move this over there

ReputationRep:
    I mean, define boring... What kinda stuff you looking for, sort of import to tell people that, else you'll get all kinds of suggestions. Presumably pop...

I'm a metal guy, you're probably looking for pop... You probably know all the pop artists I'm aware of.
    *sifts through brain*

Think I'll throw out a recommendation that I don't tend to give as much as I should...

Honourable mentions... (mostly rock/metal with some pop-like aspects for the most part)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMcSame)
    I mean, define boring... What kinda stuff you looking for, sort of import to tell people that, else you'll get all kinds of suggestions. Presumably pop...

I'm a metal guy, you're probably looking for pop... You probably know all the pop artists I'm aware of.
    *sifts through brain*

Think I'll throw out a recommendation that I don't tend to give as much as I should...

Honourable mentions... (mostly rock/metal with some pop-like aspects for the most part)
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    less boring 'pop': i'd say john mayer, he's kinda blues/country too.

other stuff: neutral milk hotel, sufjan stevens (he's sad sometimes but he makes beautiful music), andy shauf, glen hansard

rock/old stuff: pearl jam, nirvana, foo fighters, funkadelic, stevie ray vaughan, bob dylan.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.