Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best and Cheapest way to a holiday in Paris? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

so me and my girlfriend are planning to go on a trip to paris in december after i finish the first term of uni.

whats the cheapest way to get there and does anyone have any recommendations on hotel and such?

obviously im a student so money is a bit of an issue so any advice on who's done this before?

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherub123)
    Hey,

so me and my girlfriend are planning to go on a trip to paris in december after i finish the first term of uni.

whats the cheapest way to get there and does anyone have any recommendations on hotel and such?

obviously im a student so money is a bit of an issue so any advice on who's done this before?

thanks
    I am half French, and we usually take the ferry that's the cheapest option. But you might need to travel to Dover and take a ferry to Calais.

Otherwise you could use the Eurotunnel which is another viable option.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

thanks
    Are you near an airport or are you quite close to london? You can get Eurostar tickets at £30-£40 each way if you book in advance. We stayed in a campanille hotel which is a cheap chain when we visited paris.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Are you near an airport or are you quite close to london? You can get Eurostar tickets at £30-£40 each way if you book in advance. We stayed in a campanille hotel which is a cheap chain when we visited paris.
    im in Newcastle so there is an airport nearby yeah? so £80 return for one person?
    How much did the hotel set you back?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    im in Newcastle so there is an airport nearby yeah? so £80 return for one person?
    How much did the hotel set you back?
    It was 2015 so prices will have changed but I think it was £80 a night in January.
    I think Newcastle would have Paris flights, so look at the prices for them, and compare it to the train to London and Eurostar.

ReputationRep:
    It was 2015 so prices will have changed but I think it was £80 a night in January.
    so it'll be more expensive around christmas time you reckon?

£80 a night is quite steep actually.. hmm
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    so it'll be more expensive around christmas time you reckon?

£80 a night is quite steep actually.. hmm
    It's cheaper than London, only just though. I think it could be a bit more pricey. If you re happy getting the metro you can find somewhere on the outskirts. What sort of budget were you looking at?

ReputationRep:
    It's cheaper than London, only just though. I think it could be a bit more pricey. If you re happy getting the metro you can find somewhere on the outskirts. What sort of budget were you looking at?
    We're kinda working on building the budget right now, nothing is necessarily set in stone yet, sorry to be awkward lol

but maybe around 250-300 each?
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    We're kinda working on building the budget right now, nothing is necessarily set in stone yet, sorry to be awkward lol

but maybe around 250-300 each?
    I think you could manage that for two nights perhaps but flights are looking pricey for December £120 each :/ , if you look at the train and Eurostar you might get it lower.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.