Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I’m a student from the states who is venturing to start her postgraduate degree. I been accepted into Durham, Manchester and Westminster so far. I’ve also applied to Leeds and Sheffield. If I end up making it into those as well, I don’t have a clue where to go. My plan was to go where I was accepted and didn’t expect to get accepted into 3 off the bat. My top 3 will be Durham, Manchester and Sheffield as I am looking to get a postgraduate taught degree in international relations. As I am international, my general knowledge is based off internet reading. Will love to read input from home students etc. thank you!

ReputationRep:
    What did you apply for at Durham!?

Never heard them be so fast before! A VERY well done, you must have an amazing application. I've only got confirmation emails as of yet.

I would firm Durham and pick one with a lower entry requirement as my insurance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inafrenzy)
    Hello,
    I’m a student from the states who is venturing to start her postgraduate degree. I been accepted into Durham, Manchester and Westminster so far. I’ve also applied to Leeds and Sheffield. If I end up making it into those as well, I don’t have a clue where to go. My plan was to go where I was accepted and didn’t expect to get accepted into 3 off the bat. My top 3 will be Durham, Manchester and Sheffield as I am looking to get a postgraduate taught degree in international relations. As I am international, my general knowledge is based off internet reading. Will love to read input from home students etc. thank you!
    Durham is a superb uni and one of the top in the UK, as long as you like it I'd highly recommend going there. Manchester is a bit below Durham and Leeds and Sheffield are near enough on level with each other. I wouldn't go to Westminster if I were you considering you have all these other options.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wantodothebest)
    What did you apply for at Durham!?

Never heard them be so fast before! A VERY well done, you must have an amazing application. I've only got confirmation emails as of yet.

I would firm Durham and pick one with a lower entry requirement as my insurance
    I applied to Westminster as a just in case. I am not too fond of living in London. By rankings, I see internationally Manchester has a higher rank as opposed to Durham but most U.K. students tell me that Durham is more prestigious So that’s what confuses me a bit.
    And thank you all for the fast replies ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inafrenzy)
    I applied to Westminster as a just in case. I am not too fond of living in London. By rankings, I see internationally Manchester has a higher rank as opposed to Durham but most U.K. students tell me that Durham is more prestigious So that’s what confuses me a bit.
    And thank you all for the fast replies ☺️
    And I applied for international relations!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.