Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Greetings,
    I feel kind of odd doing this. It's like shouting into the void but anyone in the world can read what I write. Anyway, I thought I'd join this year because throughout year 9 and 10 I didn't really focus and missed out on loads of key concepts and then it came to this September and I realised... I want to do well.
    I'm hoping to do A levels at the school I'm currently at and then hopefully go to LAMDA after that.

For GCSE I'm doing:
    Higher Maths
    Foundation Science
    Eng Lit
    Eng Lang
    History
    BTEC Performing Arts
    Religious Studies

Next week is assessment week, and then the week beginning the 6th November I have mocks. I'll probably update soon when I get my results from assessment week and when I start my revision for mocks. Scary times!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a1icia)
    Greetings,
    I feel kind of odd doing this. It's like shouting into the void but anyone in the world can read what I write. Anyway, I thought I'd join this year because throughout year 9 and 10 I didn't really focus and missed out on loads of key concepts and then it came to this September and I realised... I want to do well.
    I'm hoping to do A levels at the school I'm currently at and then hopefully go to LAMDA after that.

For GCSE I'm doing:
    Higher Maths
    Foundation Science
    Eng Lit
    Eng Lang
    History
    BTEC Performing Arts
    Religious Studies

Next week is assessment week, and then the week beginning the 6th November I have mocks. I'll probably update soon when I get my results from assessment week and when I start my revision for mocks. Scary times!
    Good luck with your assessments, let us know how you do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amefish)
    Good luck with your assessments, let us know how you do
    Thanks so much!! This is so encouraging

ReputationRep:
    Okay! Update #1.
    It's the end of what seems like a very long half term. And two weeks until mocks. This week has been a really hard week tbh. Lots of family and personal stuff has been going on and it's been kinda hard to focus on school work. But you have to go on, you know?

I've just found out that we're moving house on the 6th November. The day of my first mock. That really annoyed me haha but my friend offered to let me stay at hers, which is going to be amazing. I think we're going to really be able to help motivate each other and we do exactly the same subjects so we should be able to test each other and still benefit from it.

I got some of my assessments back from assessment week. History- we did a 30min essay question and I got 21/24 which I was pleasantly surprised with as I didn't think I'd revised as much as I should have. Chemistry I got 80% which I was super pleased with. Maths- I got a grade 5. I'm extremely disappointed in that, it's a lot lower than my past three assessments and I'm unsure what's different about that one as they have all been past papers. It's alright, though. I'm going to revise really hard for maths so I do really well in the mocks.

I had an RS test and an English Lit test this week and haven't got the results back yet.

Things are going to be extremely busy the next few months. I go to subject drop in sessions most days after school and also am part of the school's theatre production. I've never really tried this hard in school so I'm impressed in the fact I've managed to motivate myself to do so much. Hopefully I can stay this motivated throughout the year. Fingers crossed!

If you're reading this- sorry if I've bored you and thanks for making it this far

ReputationRep:
    we're moving house on the 6th November
    I can understand getting a new home at the start of the autumn term... but getting a new home eight weeks after the summer holidays and six weeks before Christmas? What exactly is behind this decision, or is "just because we wanted to" the motivation (if you don't mind me asking)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carbon Dioxide)
    I can understand getting a new home at the start of the autumn term... but getting a new home eight weeks after the summer holidays and six weeks before Christmas? What exactly is behind this decision, or is "just because we wanted to" the motivation (if you don't mind me asking)?
    I completely understand why you'd ask that! It's a question I have asked my Mum many times. I think my family have been thinking of moving for quite a while and they found a house that they liked and rushed to make a decision. It's quite an awkward time to move as my siblings have to change schools in the middle of a term but it is what it is.

ReputationRep:
    Greetings,

For GCSE I'm doing:
    Higher Maths
    Foundation Science
    Eng Lit
    Eng Lang
    History
    BTEC Performing Arts
    Religious Studies

We have the same mocks date - Nov 6th ^^ hhaha...Do you want to revise together

ReputationRep:
    Update #2

Apologies for not updating this very often. I'll try and make this a long one to compensate. Things have been so busy with mocks, moving house and recently things have been kicking off in my personal life... more than before haha. I also have been working hard for the school play and the coursework I have to do for Performing Arts.

I've been doing SO much revision for mocks next week. I've never really revised much before so this is crazy for me.
    Name:  WP_20171104_11_59_47_Pro.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  242.4 KB

As a start, for every subject, I wrote out in sheets like that ^^ what I needed to know for the mocks so I could structure my revision better.

The results of my assessment week for English Lit and RS are: 16/20 for Eng Lit (It was a Macbeth essay question) which I'm fairly happy about and 24/29 for RS which I wasn't happy with. Religious Studies is seen as a pretty easy subject so to see me lose 5 marks was a bit disheartening tbh. Hopefully I will do better in the next test though.

I've been making revision cards and notes and highlighting stuff in my revision guides. Once I think I know stuff I do questions and past papers and try other ways of testing my knowledge. I just hope it all works! I've been going to the Chemistry drop-in one night after school weekly and it's been really helpful so hopefully that will pay off!

How revision for mocks is going for each subject:

Spoiler:
    Show

English Language: Good, but it's my first exam so I'm probably going to do loads tomorrow.
    English Literature: Really well. There's a lot of content and quotes to remember so I am going to have to keep chipping away and testing my memory.
    Maths: Haven't done a lot, which is worrying. We have learnt a lot in the lessons we've had though and that's been helpful. I'll probably try and cram it in the night before.
    History: Terribly. I have six booklets of information to remember and I've only got through 1 of them. Too much stuff to learn!
    Chemistry: I think I've done the most revision for chemistry out of all of my subjects and I'm feeling confident in it.
    Biology: I've done a good amount of revision for this, hopefully I will be able to apply it in the exam!
    Physics: Abysmally. I've given up on physics

I really hope my mocks go okay, as the determine what I can choose for A levels in January. At the moment I want to do Drama, English Literature, History, Media studies, Philosophy, Psychology and Economics..... I am going to need to narrow that down to three subjects!! I don't get my mock results until December but I'll post them when I find it out!
    Attached Images

• TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    x
    Omg I love your revision notes! :love: do you have any blank templates of the sheets you use?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amefish)
    Omg I love your revision notes! :love: do you have any blank templates of the sheets you use?

Eek thanks so much!!

Name:  Picture1.png
Views: 11
Size:  22.7 KB This is the one I use most frequently, I just made it on Powerpoint.

I've also find these on the internet, which are also really cool. I hope they can be of some use!

Attachment 701200701202
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    *found, woops!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    *found, woops!
    Thanks a lot! I'll print them off and see how they work for my revision really love the idea

ReputationRep:
    Update #3

MOCKS ARE OVER!!!! :banana:

I'm so glad that week is over and I can finally go back to normalish life!
    We don't find out our results until December 19th so I will be anxiously waiting for the results until then. What a great early Christmas present, right?

We got our sixth form prospectus handed out yesterday. I'm really looking forward to sixth form, I just hope I get the grades I want for the subjects I want to do. I had an epiphany styled realisation the other day that I don't enjoy drama as much as I try to tell myself. So I've given up on my fifteen year dream of going to drama school and beginning to explore other options.

Here's how mocks went in each individual subject
    Spoiler:
    Show

English Language: Surprisingly alright... I think... and hope
    History: This is the only exam I was stressed out about beforehand. I definitely didn't know enough content but I'm hoping I scraped a good enough grade
    English Literature: Same as history, except I knew quite a lot of content.
    Biology: I'd only revised a little, but most of the questions just used common sense.
    Physics: Definitely my worst!
    Chemistry: The one I have definitely worked hardest for. I'm hoping it pays off enough!
    Maths: Really hard. I just hope I did better than my last test tbh.

ReputationRep:
    good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mez_merising)
    good luck!!!
    Thanks so much!! <3

ReputationRep:
    Update #4

Last night was our sixth form open evening. I went and looked around loads of things and am now a lot more calm about the choices. I'll probably change my mind again soon but right now I'm thinking of doing English Literature, History and Classics. At this point, Classics is the only one I would change and it would take a lot to convince me to change it.
    I've felt a bit lost recently after I've given up my dreams to go into the performance industry. It's always been there, and without it things seem pointless as I feel like I'm not going anywhere. I just have to keep my options open now, how exciting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.