Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Journey from failing to success. I'm trying to achieve impossible grades...Lol Watch

ReputationRep:

Hey, I'm Clare. I'm currently in Year 10, this is my entry for Grow Your Grades 2017/18.

ReputationRep:
    Update 1 (14/10/17) :fyi:

Spoiler:
    Show

Positives:
    We had a citizenship assessment this week and we got the results. I got the highest grade in the class (6+)
    We did a maths unit test and I found it fairly easy but I guess we will see when I get the results

Spoiler:
    Show

Negatives:
    Next week I have to do an assembly in front of the whole school for the Eco-Warriors club and I'm soo nervous. I've had no practise
    Assessment week just started

Spoiler:
    Show

Grades I hope to achieve
    Art: 8. 9 if I try extra extra hard
    Citizenship: 9
    History: 9
    Food & Nutrition: 9
    Music: 9
    English: 9
    Science: 8. 9 if im lucky
    Maths: 9

Spoiler:
    Show

Subjects:
    GCSE
    Art
    Citizenship (AQA)
    History (AQA)
    Food & Nutrition
    English
    Maths (AQA)
    Science (Edexcel)
    Music (AQA)

ReputationRep:
    Update 2 (15/10/17)

So today is day 2 of this blog and we're doing ok.
    I'm stressing out about the assembly I have to present all week starting from tomorrow...

Spoiler:
    Show

So my to-do list for today was:
    • Write up music keywords
    • Write up science notes
    • Maths revision in preparation for Thursdays assessment
    • Finish an art project
    Spoiler:
    Show

Out of those things there were only 2 things I didn't manage to complete which I'm going to do tomorrow instead
    • I didn't manage to do my maths revision
    • I also didnt write up my science notes

So I'm going to make sure I complete those tomorrow

Today wasn't really a productive day however I'm gonna make sure tomorrow is better.

ReputationRep:
    Your assembly will go fine, I'm sure! Good luck lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinegrove)
    Your assembly will go fine, I'm sure! Good luck lovely
    Thanks, I went to school today and I ended up not having to do the assembly,
    1. because no one else turned up to do it and there was no way I was going it alone.
    2. the teacher ended up changing the whole presentation anyway.

I haven't spoken to the teacher that asked me to do it yet. I don't see her until Thursday but I honestly don't think she cares that I didn't do it.

I had a panic attack this morning before school and I found myself really paranoid on the way to school and I was really stressed and on edge when I got to school. So it's kinda a good thing I didn't end up having to do it.

ReputationRep:
    oh bless you i know how panic attacks feel are you getting any help for them? i could send you photos of the help sheets my counsellor gave me if that would be useful
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Update 3: 16/10/17

My anxiety has been really bad today and it really affected my day.

It's been stressful.
    Here's what I needed to get done today:
    - Maths revision
    - Complete artwork and start next project

I managed to complete my artwork but I couldn't start the next project because I had to leave as the teachers were having a meeting but I'm going to complete that on Friday and hopefully tomorrow.
    We had a Food and Nutrition assessment today which was unexpected, I didn't do very well

However I got my English Literature assessment on Blood Brothers back, it was analysing Blood Brothers through Mrs Johnstone. I found it quite difficult but I came out with a band 6. 21 marks out of 29. I don't think I did too bad but there's tons of room for improvement.

Now I'm getting stressed again because I applied to be a prefect and they had chosen who the prefects are over a week ago but they aren't announcing it!! It's making me soo nervous since I rushed my application so I'm not sure if I even got picked.

Anyways, tomorrow is a super busy day so I need to get some rest and hope that tomorrow is better than today..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.