Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Journey from failing to success. I'm trying to achieve impossible grades...Lol watch

ReputationRep:

Hey, I'm Clare. I'm currently in Year 10, this is my entry for Grow Your Grades 2017/18.

ReputationRep:
    Update 1 (14/10/17) :fyi:

Spoiler:
    Show

Positives:
    We had a citizenship assessment this week and we got the results. I got the highest grade in the class (6+)
    We did a maths unit test and I found it fairly easy but I guess we will see when I get the results

Spoiler:
    Show

Negatives:
    Next week I have to do an assembly in front of the whole school for the Eco-Warriors club and I'm soo nervous. I've had no practise
    Assessment week just started

Spoiler:
    Show

Grades I hope to achieve
    Art: 8. 9 if I try extra extra hard
    Citizenship: 9
    History: 9
    Food & Nutrition: 9
    Music: 9
    English: 9
    Science: 8. 9 if im lucky
    Maths: 9

Spoiler:
    Show

Subjects:
    GCSE
    Art
    Citizenship (AQA)
    History (AQA)
    Food & Nutrition
    English
    Maths (AQA)
    Science (Edexcel)
    Music (AQA)

ReputationRep:
    Update 2 (15/10/17)

So today is day 2 of this blog and we're doing ok.
    I'm stressing out about the assembly I have to present all week starting from tomorrow...

Spoiler:
    Show

So my to-do list for today was:
    • Write up music keywords
    • Write up science notes
    • Maths revision in preparation for Thursdays assessment
    • Finish an art project
    Spoiler:
    Show

Out of those things there were only 2 things I didn't manage to complete which I'm going to do tomorrow instead
    • I didn't manage to do my maths revision
    • I also didnt write up my science notes

So I'm going to make sure I complete those tomorrow

Today wasn't really a productive day however I'm gonna make sure tomorrow is better.

ReputationRep:
    Your assembly will go fine, I'm sure! Good luck lovely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinegrove)
    Your assembly will go fine, I'm sure! Good luck lovely
    Thanks, I went to school today and I ended up not having to do the assembly,
    1. because no one else turned up to do it and there was no way I was going it alone.
    2. the teacher ended up changing the whole presentation anyway.

I haven't spoken to the teacher that asked me to do it yet. I don't see her until Thursday but I honestly don't think she cares that I didn't do it.

I had a panic attack this morning before school and I found myself really paranoid on the way to school and I was really stressed and on edge when I got to school. So it's kinda a good thing I didn't end up having to do it.

ReputationRep:
    oh bless you i know how panic attacks feel are you getting any help for them? i could send you photos of the help sheets my counsellor gave me if that would be useful
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Update 3: 16/10/17

My anxiety has been really bad today and it really affected my day.

It's been stressful.
    Here's what I needed to get done today:
    - Maths revision
    - Complete artwork and start next project

I managed to complete my artwork but I couldn't start the next project because I had to leave as the teachers were having a meeting but I'm going to complete that on Friday and hopefully tomorrow.
    We had a Food and Nutrition assessment today which was unexpected, I didn't do very well

However I got my English Literature assessment on Blood Brothers back, it was analysing Blood Brothers through Mrs Johnstone. I found it quite difficult but I came out with a band 6. 21 marks out of 29. I don't think I did too bad but there's tons of room for improvement.

Now I'm getting stressed again because I applied to be a prefect and they had chosen who the prefects are over a week ago but they aren't announcing it!! It's making me soo nervous since I rushed my application so I'm not sure if I even got picked.

Anyways, tomorrow is a super busy day so I need to get some rest and hope that tomorrow is better than today..

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.