Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I do economics maths and chemistry but will be adding geography soon. Do you think I should do all 4 as well as the Welsh bacc (compulsory but only 2 hours a week) or drop something. I’m pretty sure I want to do economics or accounting and finance
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    taking more subjects is absolutely a great idea. If the work starts to get too much and your grades start slipping, then drop one, but keeping all 4 now lets you have more choice later if you find out you aren't as good as you thought you were in one of the subjects

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleumas2k)
    taking more subjects is absolutely a great idea. If the work starts to get too much and your grades start slipping, then drop one, but keeping all 4 now lets you have more choice later if you find out you aren't as good as you thought you were in one of the subjects
    Ok thanks because I’m not 100% sure on what I want to do and I’m finding maths quite hard rn but I also may need it. I have around 20 frees atm but that will drop to around 7 will the work be too much?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reece.W.J)
    Ok thanks because I’m not 100% sure on what I want to do and I’m finding maths quite hard rn but I also may need it. I have around 20 frees atm but that will drop to around 7 will the work be too much?
    Call me mad but I'm currently doing 5 Subjects for A2. I'm finding the work probably is a bit too much, but I am coping. If you need to drop a subject, you need to, and you won't be any worse fof for having taken it until you decided you could no more. I currently have 90 minutes free a week and also do lots of co-curricular, like running the debating society and being in the Cadets, so don't worry about having a life. As a general rule, if you need to make time for something, you can normally find it somewhere (up to a certain limit).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleumas2k)
    Call me mad but I'm currently doing 5 Subjects for A2. I'm finding the work probably is a bit too much, but I am coping. If you need to drop a subject, you need to, and you won't be any worse fof for having taken it until you decided you could no more. I currently have 90 minutes free a week and also do lots of co-curricular, like running the debating society and being in the Cadets, so don't worry about having a life. As a general rule, if you need to make time for something, you can normally find it somewhere (up to a certain limit).
    Yeah so I’d probably drop chemistry but probably after AS because I still like it but it’s not useful to my future. I also do student investor challenge as an extra curricular for econ

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.