Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GUYS: Does smelling nice make a girl more attractive? Watch

Announcements

You always hear how a guy that smells nice is much more attractive to a girl than a guy who doesn't and as a girl I agree with this. But is it the same for guys? I'm aware that if you don't find someone attractive, no amount of perfume will make you attracted to them. However, if a girl is average or sort of pretty, does she become attractive if she smells really good? Has anyone experienced this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You always hear how a guy that smells nice is much more attractive to a girl than a guy who doesn't and as a girl I agree with this. But is it the same for guys? I'm aware that if you don't find someone attractive, no amount of perfume will make you attracted to them. However, if a girl is average or sort of pretty, does she become attractive if she smells really good? Has anyone experienced this?
    Absolutely. Personally I find good hygiene and a good "smell" very attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Its just like an added bonus, like id still stay in my room if it smelt like nothing but throw some fabreeze on that ***** and its like wow. Its the same room but its more nasally pleasing. I dont really know what im trying to say, I guess that yes and no. It wont like bump your "number" up but its a bonus.

ReputationRep:
    Will certainly make them "notice" you more, does not matter if you're pretty or not. Somebody that smells nice already gives others a positive impression of them, be they male or female.

ReputationRep:
    imo it doesn't make you more attractive but more memorable

ReputationRep:
    That doesn't really do anything for me on its own because I'm generally not that fussed providing their smell isn't bad, but if somebody I already fancy a bit smells real gud too they're suddenly 1000x better.

So I guess it makes you more likeable in a general sense rather than attractive specifically? idk if that makes sense

ReputationRep:
    If someone smells of BO or has really bad breath then to me its a turn off, if its a guy who wants to be my friend then I'm kinda put off by the smell, if its a girl who wants to be my friend or GF then again it'd put me off (doesn't mean I wouldn't talk to them as its impolite to do so) Maybe sub consciously I'd be more attracted to them? but I personally don't notice smells that often, unless its BO or a heavy amount of perfume/deodorant. I probably have a poor sense of smell, to me almost everyone smells normal, like how a meaty flesh bag should smell.

100%. Smelling nice is essential. I once had sex with someone who had BO and it was a massive turn off. I didn't want to see her again.

ReputationRep:
    Lol no

of course. imagine dating a hot girl who smelt like sh it. no thanks

ReputationRep:
    yes 100% smell is amazing

ReputationRep:
    It certainly augments any existing attraction—I dated a girl while at university whose signature scent could tentatively be described as 'strawberry aniseed', and to this day even the merest whiff of something similar is enough to trigger an involuntary reverie.

Alas, most women don't seem to bother; more's the pity.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't make or break a crush but it sure is nice.

ReputationRep:
    yes,she become more attractive

ReputationRep:
    of course. imagine dating a hot girl who smelt like sh it. no thanks
    no one cares how a girl smells unless she smells bad.

Putting on nice perfume doesn't make you any more attractive it just makes you smell nice and it's the same for guys...

(Original post by Yaboi)
    no one cares how a girl smells unless she smells bad.

Putting on nice perfume doesn't make you any more attractive it just makes you smell nice and it's the same for guys...
    Might be down to personal preference then. I know guys that I wouldn't really give a second glance but because they smelt really good they became much more attractive to me. Of course these guys weren't bad looking to begin with, but it's a nice bonus (increases any existing attraction).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.