Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

Grow My Grades: ahobbit edition

Hi! I'm ahobbit and I decided to join the GYG thread to make sure that I revise this year as I'm doing my A-Level exams this academic year and I hope to get at least A*AA. I want to do Biomedical Engineering at university!
    Last year, I did my AS mocks and I was a bit disappointed about my results so this year I'm going to do more work to ensure that I get the grades that I want.

These are my grades so far:
    Spoiler:
    Show

GCSE grades: 1A*, 8As, 1B
    AS grades: 1A, 2Bs, 1C
    A2 (aim): A*AA (predicted) AAA

The main problem that I have is that I get really lazy and just don't revise. That's why I'm hoping that starting a thread here will help me to revise.

I am studying Maths, Physics and Chemistry this year. I dropped my fourth subject (Further Maths) mainly because I got a C in it, but also because some unis reject further maths as a third subject. Right now, I'm polishing my personal statement, so I will update the thread once or twice a week! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me
    • TSR Support Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ahobbit)

Grow My Grades: ahobbit edition

Hi! I'mahobbit and I decided to join the GYG thread to make sure that I revise this year as I'm doing my A-Level exams this academic year and I hope to get at least A*AA. I want to do Biomedical Engineering at university!
    Last year, I did my AS mocks and I was a bit disappointed about my results so this year I'm going to do more work to ensure that I get the grades that I want.

These are my grades so far:
    Spoiler:
    Show

GCSE grades: 1A*, 8As, 1B
    AS grades: 1A, 2Bs, 1C
    A2 (aim): A*AA (predicted) AAA

The main problem that I have is that I get really lazy and just don't revise. That's why I'm hoping that starting a thread here will help me to revise.

I am studying Maths, Physics and Chemistry this year. I dropped my fourth subject (Further Maths) mainly because I got a C in it, but also because some unis reject further maths as a third subject. Right now, I'm polishing my personal statement, so I will update the thread once or twice a week! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me
    IMO you've come to the right place! Getting into a proper student community can really help you to be more motivated and improve :yep: keep us updated on your progress

Submit reply
Updated: October 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.