Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello I am working through my UCAS application and trying to decide what what AP tests I should put down as pending. Right now I have two scores of 5 and 2 fours on AP tests. I am currently taking 4 AP classes that I can test in later this year. In terms of conditional offers do universities usually ask for a certain number of tests of a given score or do they ask you to meet all your exceed/predicted grades? The reason I ask this is because if they just ask for 3 scores of five I would provably be better taking more tests but if they want me to met specific grades on each test it would probably be better to submit fewer so I can be more focused in my study.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by nedCapenter)
    Hello I am working through my UCAS application and trying to decide what what AP tests I should put down as pending. Right now I have two scores of 5 and 2 fours on AP tests. I am currently taking 4 AP classes that I can test in later this year. In terms of conditional offers do universities usually ask for a certain number of tests of a given score or do they ask you to meet all your exceed/predicted grades? The reason I ask this is because if they just ask for 3 scores of five I would provably be better taking more tests but if they want me to met specific grades on each test it would probably be better to submit fewer so I can be more focused in my study.
    speak to the universities that you want to apply to about what tests they specifically want you to do.

ReputationRep:
    Submitting "fewer" may render your application incomplete and therefore ineligible for consideration. For example, you take four AP tests in 2018, but you only put two on your UCAS application because you are nervous about the other two. The university may accuse you of deception, and it is not recommended that you do this.

ReputationRep:
    I'm international too, you have to submit your entire academic history, just like you would applying to US schools. Otherwise your application will probably get recalled

ReputationRep:
    You have to submit everything.

ReputationRep:
    The university will make an offer based on the scores you already have and those you are predicted. the pending exams are the ones you haven't taken yet and you'll want to meet those conditions. so for instance in the UK we take 3 A levels (usually)if your predicted ABB a uni can still make you an offer for AAB and if you like the uni you can firm it if it all goes a bit pear shaped and you miss your offer you might still get in but for the most part they'll make an offer on all your exams and I guess your gpa in the USA

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I go to an American school too, and I received a few offers. Here's an example from Surrey:
    Advanced Placement (AP) 544 including Biology or Chemistry and a second science subject. Additionally, Grade 12 High School Diploma English and Mathematics C or SAT 1290/1600 (Evidence-based Reading and Writing, and Mathematics) including a minimum of 600 in each component.
    I'll break everything down just so that there is no ambiguity.

Advanced Placement (AP) 544 including Biology or Chemistry and a second science subject - this means that they want me to get a 5, 4, and 4 on Biology, Chemistry, and another science subject. So essentially, I need a 5 in Bio or Chem, and the other along with another subject (Physics, APES, etc) will have to be at least a 4.
    Grade 12 High School Diploma English and Mathematics C - essentially, get all the credits the school requires you to have in order to graduate.
    SAT 1290/1600 (Evidence-based Reading and Writing, and Mathematics) including a minimum of 600 in each component - self-explanatory, nothing crazy here.

I already took the SAT, and I've already taken five AP exams so far. Right now, my AP courses are Physics C, Chemistry, Literature, Psychology, and Calculus BC, and my teachers had to give a prediction of my AP exam. I got predicted all fives, but Surrey isn't requiring me to get my predicted scores. But I'm guessing that other unis I applied to such as UCL, ICL, and Oxford are going to require me to get a five on my Physics C, Chemistry, and Calculus BC exam. Really dependent on the uni that you're applying to, but from what I hear, the only AP scores that really matter are the ones related to the major you intend on studying. I know a friend who was offered with the condition of getting fives on AP Chinese, Literature, and Latin because she intended to study linguistics in Oxford. She kind of flunked her Calculus and Psychology tests, but Oxford didn't really care and ended up enrolling there.

Sorry about the lengthy post, but I hope it helped.

ReputationRep:
    You have to report everything. AP exams taken as well as upcoming AP exams.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.