The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Help!!?

I am predicted ABB.

I have structured my personal statement towards biomedical science, however could I apply to Leicester for Medical Physiology still which is BBB?
Reply 1
Original post by PleaseHelppppp
I am predicted ABB.

I have structured my personal statement towards biomedical science, however could I apply to Leicester for Medical Physiology still which is BBB?

You're predicted ABB, and think you shouldn't apply, because you exceed the entry requirements?
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by Djerun
You're predicted ABB, and think you shouldn't apply, because you exceed the entry requirements?

No not because of the entry requirements, because the course is different slightly in terms of the name?
Also, in my personal statement, I have referenced like sentences such as 'I am passionate about doing biomedical science' or even referring to 'biomedical scientist'. Is this okay when applying to medical physiology?
Original post by PleaseHelppppp
I am predicted ABB.

Hi there,

You firstly need to identify what course you want to study, which course/university are you hoping you will get an offer for because you want to get on to that specific course?
Remember that you have 5 choices to make on your UCAS track. If 4 of those choices are for Biomedical science courses and 1 for Medical Physiology then you have your answer for how you tailor your personal statement.
If you have a mix, you need to think about focusing on a common theme between the two.

I hope this helps,
If you have any other questions, please get back in touch.
Hannah :smile:
Original post by University of Leicester
Hi there,

You firstly need to identify what course you want to study, which course/university are you hoping you will get an offer for because you want to get on to that specific course?
Remember that you have 5 choices to make on your UCAS track. If 4 of those choices are for Biomedical science courses and 1 for Medical Physiology then you have your answer for how you tailor your personal statement.
If you have a mix, you need to think about focusing on a common theme between the two.

I hope this helps,
If you have any other questions, please get back in touch.
Hannah :smile:

I have applied to 4 courses for biomedical science and then Medical Physiology at Leicester. In the personal statement, I have spoken about my medical work experience as well as themes which overlap and interest me such as human anatomy. Do you think I will get an offer even though I have referenced 'I am keen to study biomedical science etc' ?
Hey, I am finalising my UCAS application this week and all my choices are either biomedical science or medical sciences. At first I was going to apply for Medicine but my UKCAT(😣) score was in the 10th decile and I wasn’t confident that I would even be offered an interview as it is so competitive. So my personal statement is all in a Medicine theme, but I went to the Uni of South Wales the other day and asked if I have to change my PS to be more sciency and they said keep it the same. All the work experience and other attributes is required for any medical course you do. But I have put sentences like “this is why I want to study medicine” like you have for medical sciences, so all in going to do is rephrase that sentence to something like “this is why I want to study a medical degree” etc.
Hope this helps!!
Which universities have you applied to??

By Lucy, a Northerner between Manc and Liverpool👍🏼
Original post by Lucybradders__
Hey, I am finalising my UCAS application this week and all my choices are either biomedical science or medical sciences. At first I was going to apply for Medicine but my UKCAT(😣) score was in the 10th decile and I wasn’t confident that I would even be offered an interview as it is so competitive. So my personal statement is all in a Medicine theme, but I went to the Uni of South Wales the other day and asked if I have to change my PS to be more sciency and they said keep it the same. All the work experience and other attributes is required for any medical course you do. But I have put sentences like “this is why I want to study medicine” like you have for medical sciences, so all in going to do is rephrase that sentence to something like “this is why I want to study a medical degree” etc.
Hope this helps!!
Which universities have you applied to??

By Lucy, a Northerner between Manc and Liverpool👍🏼

What are you predicted & what was your UKCAT average?
Im applying to St George's, Warwick, Cardiff, Leicester and Surrey wbu.
I’m predicted 3 A’s and my UKCAT average was 570. I’m applying to Cardiff as well and Nottingham, Edinburgh, South Wales but I’m still unsure about my fifth choice. The end aim is graduate Medicine definitely😁
I’m predicted 3 A’s and my UKCAT average was 570. I’m applying to Cardiff as well and Nottingham, Edinburgh, South Wales but I’m still unsure about my fifth choice. The end aim is graduate Medicine definitely😁

Yeah same aha. Im trying to get into St George's as you can transfer into medicine at end of year 2 if you average 70% in modules, and good interview plus predicted 2:1.
Yeah- well South Wales only want BBB and they guide you towards getting into Cardiff Graduate Medicine mainly but they let you choose based on which aspect like GAMSAT who are best at and so it can be any place offering Graduate Medicine as a degree. Edinburgh has been my favourite all along but it’s very competitive to get in!😬
Yeah- well South Wales only want BBB and they guide you towards getting into Cardiff Graduate Medicine mainly but they let you choose based on which aspect like GAMSAT who are best at and so it can be any place offering Graduate Medicine as a degree. Edinburgh has been my favourite all along but it’s very competitive to get in!😬

What subjects do you take?
AQA Maths and Biology and OCR Chemistry. I did Spanish at the start of Year 12 but I soon found out that I was rubbish😂
AQA Maths and Biology and OCR Chemistry. I did Spanish at the start of Year 12 but I soon found out that I was rubbish😂

Ahh nice, I do bio psych chem.
You never know we may be both in Cardiff next year!

Quick Reply

Latest