Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I am interested in applying for Chester University. I went to the open day today but I didn't get round to asking about support for students with disabilities/health conditions.

I have a congenital heart defect, dyspraxia and chronic fatigue syndrome. I am going to apply to study at Chester part-time.

I wondered if anyone knew of what support the University would offer? I know there is another open day in two weeks time and have thought about attending then to ask. Would it be better to ask at an Applicant Day if I get an offer? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    The University has a great support and guidance team who are very accommodating and ensure all students can fully benefit from the Uni experience
    I assume someone would be available to talk this through with at an open day or an applicant day which are equally insightful and useful.
    I am sure the welfare team would be able to answer any questions via email though [email protected] and the disability support team [email protected]
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Just like 3498kinvara said. We would recommend contacting our Disability Support team ([email protected]), who will be able to let you know what support we offer all students.

Otherwise, you are more than welcome to come along to our Open Day on 28th October or to one of our Applicant Days to find out more.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.