Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, for some reason I seem to have a track record for fancying teachers. I'm 16 atm and when I was 14 I fancied my history teacher. I have always been attracted to intelligence above all else and have low self esteem, plus history was/is my favourite subject, so I think this is what drew me to him. He left the school during Christmas of year nine, not that I would have ever acted on it anyway. During year ten I fancied my maths teacher and now that I have been moved up into top set in year eleven I fancy my new one - I think this is because maths is the only subject I find challenging and so they both seem very intelligent for being good at it in my eyes. I am fully aware of how wrong teacher-student relationships are and would never get involved in one. Tbh I blame my weaknesses for accents (he's Irish!). My question is how to stop as I see my current teacher daily and talk to him on a regular basis. Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elizabeth20013)
    Hey, for some reason I seem to have a track record for fancying teachers. I'm 16 atm and when I was 14 I fancied my history teacher. I have always been attracted to intelligence above all else and have low self esteem, plus history was/is my favourite subject, so I think this is what drew me to him. He left the school during Christmas of year nine, not that I would have ever acted on it anyway. During year ten I fancied my maths teacher and now that I have been moved up into top set in year eleven I fancy my new one - I think this is because maths is the only subject I find challenging and so they both seem very intelligent for being good at it in my eyes. I am fully aware of how wrong teacher-student relationships are and would never get involved in one. Tbh I blame my weaknesses for accents (he's Irish!). My question is how to stop as I see my current teacher daily and talk to him on a regular basis. Thanks
    Focus on their flaws and try to see their bad qualities, it may help you start to put you off him.

Perhaps make new friends, you may find someone you like more and it serves as a distraction from him.

ReputationRep:
    Allow yourself to fantasize that's what I do I secretly took a picture of my teacher so I'll always have wan-kin material. If you can't have them might aswell have the next best thing amirite??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popsiclez)
    Allow yourself to fantasize that's what I do I secretly took a picture of my teacher so I'll always have wan-kin material. If you can't have them might aswell have the next best thing amirite??
    lol! Haha don't think I'll be going that far
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    try and focus on something else

ReputationRep:
    you make moves on him \Rightarrow he could lose his job if he makes moves on you \Rightarrow you'll probably never see him again

ReputationRep:
    Is he from vietnam?

ReputationRep:
    I am known for it too!!! I got in to trouble in school for fancying one. Funnily enough he was a history teacher too. He never taught me but was a brilliant guy to me and every time I got kicked out of a class or whatever he'd take me in to his so I didn't get in to more trouble.. he once walked in the classroom and everyone wolf whistled and looked at me and him. Haven't seen him in 5/6 years and tbh sometimes I still do think about him. Was gutted when he left. Had a fancy to my first college english teacher (still do lol) and I'm resitting GCSE Maths atm and I've taken a slight liking to my maths teacher too... whoops!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTinyGiant)
    I am known for it too!!! I got in to trouble in school for fancying one. Funnily enough he was a history teacher too. He never taught me but was a brilliant guy to me and every time I got kicked out of a class or whatever he'd take me in to his so I didn't get in to more trouble.. he once walked in the classroom and everyone wolf whistled and looked at me and him. Haven't seen him in 5/6 years and tbh sometimes I still do think about him. Was gutted when he left. Had a fancy to my first college english teacher (still do lol) and I'm resitting GCSE Maths atm and I've taken a slight liking to my maths teacher too... whoops!!!
    what are we gonna do? Haha, I guess it's just a natural part of being a teenager. Good luck with your A levels and Maths

ReputationRep:
    what are we gonna do? Haha, I guess it's just a natural part of being a teenager. Good luck with your A levels and Maths
    Haha not doing A levels thank god. Was at uni last year but dropped out a few months ago. Good luck with yours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr1qz93xDCY

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.