Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am i a dirty gold digging *****? :( Watch

Ok my birthday is in a bit and its my first bday w my bf and honestly i never wanted much from him. Like i never let him pay for **** anyways. I always make sure we split it or if hes buying something for me i make sure to pay him back. So i always thought if he ever asks me what i want for my bday ill give him an ebay link for something cheap like some rip off makeup item costing 7quid. But hes been chatting all this sh*t allll year about how hes gonna make my bday so special and unforgetable and that hes gonna buy me this and that. But obvs i always objected because i dont need him to spend as much as he says he will.
    So today i ask him what hes gonna get me cos i wanted to make sure it was nothing OTT like what hes been saying hes gonna get me (swarovski, dkny, fenty beauty etc lol). So im like "ill give u a links to stuff i want" and in my head i was thinking ok i wont get him to spend more than 20. So then hes like "so where are the links", so i say as a joke to see what he says, "its gonna all be about 15 quid, is that okay? If its too much ill tell u what u dont need to get".
    Now i spend minimum £20 on friends who arent even special to me and he spent £40 on this girl that he says he doesnt even like. So when this guy says "Oh £15? Thats calm af" it kinda vexed me cos how is he gonna spend £40 on a girl while in a relationship with me but spend not even half the amount he did for that girl on me?
    Lol so ive been deeping it and like ok maybe its my fault because i kept telling him that i didnt want anything and its my fault im kinda disappointed my 18ths not gonna be as lit as he said he was gonna make it lol. But im not wrong to be salty about him spending more on a female friend he tells me he doesnt even like than he is spending on me right?
    I dont even think im a gold digger, and i really I hope im not. Cos honestly id be fine if he did spend 15 quid on me but the fact that he gave me such high expectations makes me really upset lol so im starting to doubt myself. Maybe i am a gold digger deep down

ReputationRep:
    yh

You literally wanted him not to spend a lot & when he does that you're upset... the female mind never ceases to amaze me....

ReputationRep:
    What

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok my birthday is in a bit and its my first bday w my bf and honestly i never wanted much from him. Like i never let him pay for **** anyways. I always make sure we split it or if hes buying something for me i make sure to pay him back. So i always thought if he ever asks me what i want for my bday ill give him an ebay link for something cheap like some rip off makeup item costing 7quid. But hes been chatting all this sh*t allll year about how hes gonna make my bday so special and unforgetable and that hes gonna buy me this and that. But obvs i always objected because i dont need him to spend as much as he says he will.
    So today i ask him what hes gonna get me cos i wanted to make sure it was nothing OTT like what hes been saying hes gonna get me (swarovski, dkny, fenty beauty etc lol). So im like "ill give u a links to stuff i want" and in my head i was thinking ok i wont get him to spend more than 20. So then hes like "so where are the links", so i say as a joke to see what he says, "its gonna all be about 15 quid, is that okay? If its too much ill tell u what u dont need to get".
    Now i spend minimum £20 on friends who arent even special to me and he spent £40 on this girl that he says he doesnt even like. So when this guy says "Oh £15? Thats calm af" it kinda vexed me cos how is he gonna spend £40 on a girl while in a relationship with me but spend not even half the amount he did for that girl on me?
    Lol so ive been deeping it and like ok maybe its my fault because i kept telling him that i didnt want anything and its my fault im kinda disappointed my 18ths not gonna be as lit as he said he was gonna make it lol. But im not wrong to be salty about him spending more on a female friend he tells me he doesnt even like than he is spending on me right?
    I dont even think im a gold digger, and i really I hope im not. Cos honestly id be fine if he did spend 15 quid on me but the fact that he gave me such high expectations makes me really upset lol so im starting to doubt myself. Maybe i am a gold digger deep down
    mad ting sad ting
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    You're not a gold digger but you need to chill. Sure, he spent more on someone else, but you literally asked him not to spend too much on you so you can't be pissed that he didn't. On behalf of boys and men everywhere, BE DIRECT!!! Say what you mean because picking up on subtlety is not our strong suit.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    you wanted him to get you something cheap...

now that he has done that you're upset??

ReputationRep:
    Oh honey. When you lower the bar that's how high a man will reach.

ReputationRep:
    No you're not, but you wanted him to get something cheap....and now you're complaining??

you smart. You loyal
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpgDJ KALEDDDD.jpg (238.6 KB)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But im not wrong to be salty about him spending more on a female friend he tells me he doesnt even like than he is spending on me right?
    You are wrong when you've literally told him to not spend a lot. He may well have spent 40+ quid on you if you kept your mouth shut.

ReputationRep:
    wtf... you literally told him the price tag you wanted...

ReputationRep:
    Lesson learned - when a guy wants to spend on you, just stfu and let him spend. Don't know what it is with you women and your desperation to show that you're not with him for his money - if they OFFER then accept it.
    You know how many guys wish they could have a woman just spend, spend, spend on him? We don't ever get that luxury, women do and they bloody well reject it... and then complain about it!

Even if you make your own money, we still wanna spend on you. It's a male thing, we're tryna do something nice for you. Even if y'all are feminists we'd still offer because a lot of men are still traditionalists deep down... and even if we weren't it still looks embarrassing to not offer to pay for the first date at least and to not be able to buy some nice stuff for our gyal. Mans don't ever wanna be seen as cheap. So just accept it next time rather than doing the feminist act of refusing his every gesture... only to become upset about it after.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.