Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The waves of young male migrants leaving their own countries to be torn apart from war to the west is shameful. I think these able-bodied men should stand and fight, and defeat the enemies tearing their country apart instead burdening other countries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChiggenLiggen)
    The waves of young male migrants leaving their own countries to be torn apart from war to the west is shameful. I think these able-bodied men should stand and fight, and defeat the enemies tearing their country apart instead burdening other countries.
    Yes fight and hear allahu akhbar as the suicide belt activates

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChiggenLiggen)
    Oh oh here come the PC brigade
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Some do. There anger gets manipulated and they join ISIS. that's bad.
    Some do. They create little army's only to get crushed by the higher powers.
    But How can they destroy powerful superpowers such as America or Russia, when they have no source of money to fund weaponry let alone number of men.
    It's sad, I pity them and I hope they create a better future for themselves instead of joining on this, what seems like a never-ending cycle of war, terrorism, death and destruction.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Londonsfinest)
    Oh oh here come the PC brigade
    they can piss off!

ReputationRep:
    k.

ReputationRep:
    We don't live in the 1700's or 1800's. Modern day warfare will crush anyone that isn't properly trained and has access to modern day weaponry. All of which is super expensive and only really able to be done by a military or funded militia's (often by another nation).
    Plus- people fear death. If you were in their situation; would you fight knowing that it wouldn't change much (If you lose, you die. If you win- well you need to keep fighting other factions, or things go back to how they used to be (still ****) with foreign powers that funded you pretty much dictating what will happen).

Patriotism is for the foolish. Like religion and ethnic groups, you give up common sense and individuality to be in a group, a sheep. I understand a sense of belonging is important; but when everything goes to hell, many people choose life over more death and misery.

What the migrants are doing is fine. It's the country's choice if they want to take them in and let them integrate over generations, or keep them out. I think it's in human nature to be xenophobic to some degree and thus not want outsiders like migrants in their lands and communities, and they often are the scapegoats for everything wrong with society.

History repeats itself so often idk why the **** we bother learning history, "to avoid making the same mistakes"- BULLOCKS, it always repeats itself since human nature condemns us to make the same sort of mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    They should settle this with a 1v1 on rust.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.