Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which girl would you choose in this scenario? Watch

ReputationRep:
    There is girl A who you have liked for quite a while and get on really well with but have never managed to actually ask her out and you have no idea if she even likes you as more than a friend. You have quite a lot of things in common with her and she looks amazing and you go to a society together.

Then there is girl B who is on your course and you got drunk and kissed in a club one night. She is less attractive that girl A but is still good looking and she seems interested in you. You don't know how much you have in common with her since you don't know her as well as you know the other girl

ReputationRep:
    I would go with the one that I had most common with, it would make conversations easier to get into and our life much much more relate-able. The other may have only shown interest due to being drunk, but even is, in reality I would take time to get to know both of them more before I fully chose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_miah)
    I would go with the one that I had most common with, it would make conversations easier to get into and our life much much more relate-able. The other may have only shown interest due to being drunk, but even is, in reality I would take time to get to know both of them more before I fully chose
    Yeah Girl A I have more in common with but she is also way out of my league and I don't know if she would even ever see me as more than a friend and girl B wasn't really drunk when I kissed her in the club.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't choose but keep both, makes life much easier.

ReputationRep:
    Go for the one that your heart goed out to. If you go for a girl who you are not especially interested in, you will regret it later. Everyone gets their heart broken sometimes, but, how cruel it may sound, it might just be better at the beginning than when you already made her believe that you love het back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I hate money)
    I wouldn't choose but keep both, makes life much easier.

I like the way you think
    Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpgRoll safeeeeee.JPG (27.0 KB)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hindenik)
    Go for the one that your heart goed out to. If you go for a girl who you are not especially interested in, you will regret it later. Everyone gets their heart broken sometimes, but, how cruel it may sound, it might just be better at the beginning than when you already made her believe that you love het back.
    Yeah I'd prefer girl A but I just don;t think I have a chance with her whereas Girl B I think I have more of a chance with and it's not as if I'm not interested in Girl B since I did have fun in the club.

ReputationRep:
    I had a similar situation once, one girl was interested in me while the other seemed less so but I fancied the other more. In my version I picked going for my equivalent of girl A, and eventually got rejected by both girls. Fun times.

In your version you're far more in with your girl A than I was with mine, so I don't see any reason to go for B over A here. Trying to go for girls just 'cause they seem easier tends not to be much of a nice experience tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    I had a similar situation once, one girl was interested in me while the other seemed less so but I fancied the other more. In my version I picked going for my equivalent of girl A, and eventually got rejected by both girls. Fun times.

In your version you're far more in with your girl A than I was with mine, so I don't see any reason to go for B over A here. Trying to go for girls just 'cause they seem easier tends not to be much of a nice experience tbh.
    Yeah the only reason I can think to go with B over A is that I think there is probably more of a chance of B saying yes and because if A said no then things might become awkward between us which I don't want to happen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michael1010)
    Yeah the only reason I can think to go with B over A is that I think there is probably more of a chance of B saying yes and because if A said no then things might become awkward between us which I don't want to happen
    I've always found this a bit of a weird line to take. If you're attracted to somebody and never really wanted to be "just friends" in the first place, then you're not actually losing all that much if things "get awkward". I mean either you're gonna ask her out and "make it awkward" or you're never going to ask her out and torture yourself whenever you see her 'cause she still sees you as just a friend and is totally oblivious. It's sort of a lose lose but if you ask her out and get rejected you at least get to move forward.

ReputationRep:
    I've always found this a bit of a weird line to take. If you're attracted to somebody and never really wanted to be "just friends" in the first place, then you're not actually losing all that much if things "get awkward". I mean either you're gonna ask her out and "make it awkward" or you're never going to ask her out and torture yourself whenever you see her 'cause she still sees you as just a friend and is totally oblivious. It's sort of a lose lose but if you ask her out and get rejected you at least get to move forward.
    Yeah but while I would like to be more than friends with her, I wouldn't want things to get awkward if she says no because I really do like talking to her and we have a lot in common so we talk quite a bit and I like our friendship so I wouldn't want to lose that.

ReputationRep:
    There is girl A who you have liked for quite a while and get on really well with but have never managed to actually ask her out and you have no idea if she even likes you as more than a friend. You have quite a lot of things in common with her and she looks amazing and you go to a society together.

Then there is girl B who is on your course and you got drunk and kissed in a club one night. She is less attractive that girl A but is still good looking and she seems interested in you. You don't know how much you have in common with her since you don't know her as well as you know the other girl

It's definately a gamble

happened once or twice to me in clubs where I walked up to some girls and the one I like seemed kinda neutral towards me, and the other one seemed to like me ....but was not as attractive and I was set on the other girls.

like most people in that situation I went for the girls I liked more, and lost...
    and seeing me try and fail with their friend put the other girls off ..... so I ended up with nothing.

OP, if you could see yourself dating girl B i'd go with that. Gambling like this often fails....

or if there is a chance to hit on both of them without the other one realistically finding out then go for that option........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    It's definately a gamble

happened once or twice to me in clubs where I walked up to some girls and the one I like seemed kinda neutral towards me, and the other one seemed to like me ....but was not as attractive and I was set on the other girls.

like most people in that situation I went for the girls I liked more, and lost...
    and seeing me try and fail with their friend put the other girls off ..... so I ended up with nothing.

OP, if you could see yourself dating girl B i'd go with that. Gambling like this often fails....

or if there is a chance to hit on both of them without the other one realistically finding out then go for that option........
    Yeah I was thinking of just going for girl B but recently girl A has been talking to me more and even invited me to join a society with her so I think she might be interested so I was thinking of just asking her out for a drink the next time I see her and see what she says.

There probably isn't a way to date both since they share mutual friends that they both see regularly so I don't think that'll be possible unless you can think of a way?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was thinking of just going for girl B but recently girl A has been talking to me more and even invited me to join a society with her so I think she might be interested so I was thinking of just asking her out for a drink the next time I see her and see what she says.

There probably isn't a way to date both since they share mutual friends that they both see regularly so I don't think that'll be possible unless you can think of a way?

only way I can think of is to say girl A something like, "i need your advice, i like this girl who is xxx, and xxx ... and xxx ...but I don't know if she likes me, ...do you think i should ask her out?"

the xxx's are things that describe her, but also make it just about vague enough that it could be used to describe the other girl too.

your body language should be giving her the impression that it is her girl A you are talking about. If she doesn't get all awkward and start acting weird with you and tells you to go for it, that means she likes you back ....if she starts looking really uncomfortable and starts acting weird and you are having trouble getting an answer from her ..then that means she isn't into you and would rather you not ask.

at this point you can take it as a rejection without actually being rejected and go and ask out girl B ...and if girl A says anything you can just say you were talking about girl B and girl A got the wrong end of the stick

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.