Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have done my driving test twice now and failed both times, I'm very disappointed.

The first time was a complete mess, had an awful route and a horrendous, cocky examiner. Someone sped through a red light and was a few feet away from hitting me (didn't get penalised), which shook me up then someone came all around a roundabout in the left lane and almost hit me again (did get penalised and failed as I didn't look quick enough).

Second time was on Friday, I failed for being hesitant when changing lanes twice. I was going to appeal as I couldn't have gone on either time, if I had have gone I would have hit the car but I stayed and got marked down anyway.

My next test is 15th December (St Helens centre) and it's just after the new test comes in. I'm worried I'll be at a disadvantage, although I know I'm good at driving. I practise everyday in my car and my instructor has told me not to have more lessons with her until closer to the test.

I was looking for some thoughts about what I should do, I'm looking for a cancellation in November too. Is anyone else in this situation too? I'm frustrated with this as both times I've been on the cusp of passing but havent and now I don't know if I will be examined differently.

Thanks everyone

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully you will be able to get a cancellation in October or November or early December, just check the site. Fingers crossed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cat2289)
    Hi all,

I have done my driving test twice now and failed both times, I'm very disappointed.

The first time was a complete mess, had an awful route and a horrendous, cocky examiner. Someone sped through a red light and was a few feet away from hitting me (didn't get penalised), which shook me up then someone came all around a roundabout in the left lane and almost hit me again (did get penalised and failed as I didn't look quick enough).

Second time was on Friday, I failed for being hesitant when changing lanes twice. I was going to appeal as I couldn't have gone on either time, if I had have gone I would have hit the car but I stayed and got marked down anyway.

My next test is 15th December (St Helens centre) and it's just after the new test comes in. I'm worried I'll be at a disadvantage, although I know I'm good at driving. I practise everyday in my car and my instructor has told me not to have more lessons with her until closer to the test.

I was looking for some thoughts about what I should do, I'm looking for a cancellation in November too. Is anyone else in this situation too? I'm frustrated with this as both times I've been on the cusp of passing but havent and now I don't know if I will be examined differently.

Thanks everyone
    What your instructor said sounds odd. Surely it will be beneficial for you to keep the momentum (sorry) going by driving at least once a week so you don't get rusty?

There isn't any harm in incorporating the new manoveurs alongside your old ones just in case you don't get a cancellation - you'll still learn valuable lessons/practice core skills that are useful for the current driving test.

Normally cancellations are easy to get, and from my experience and what I've heard from others, it takes about 2 weeks max for one to appear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    What your instructor said sounds odd. Surely it will be beneficial for you to keep the momentum (sorry) going by driving at least once a week so you don't get rusty?

There isn't any harm in incorporating the new manoveurs alongside your old ones just in case you don't get a cancellation - you'll still learn valuable lessons/practice core skills that are useful for the current driving test.

Normally cancellations are easy to get, and from my experience and what I've heard from others, it takes about 2 weeks max for one to appear.
    Thanks for the fast reply.

I'm going to do my test in my car anyway as I drive everywhere i can rather than just test routes with my instructor.

I will do that, I hope I get a cancellation. I'm thinking I'll have a lot more experience then anyway so it's not as big of a deal as I thought. I'd rather do the old test though.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cat2289)
    Hi all,

Thanks everyone
    If you failed, you failed for good reason.The test changes aren't exactly a big deal.

Tagging AngryJellyfish to move this thread to Learning to Drive.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.