Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I like a girl but have no romantic experience and am too scared to ask her out Watch

First of all, I'm M14 and she's 15.

Anyway, I attend a drama club on a weekly basis and there's a girl there I like. She's cute, she's funny and is really, really nice (she's got me out of a few jams in the past). I know her well enough to like her but not well enough to really text her or gauge if she likes me back. I really don't know how to approach this. Any help is much, much appreciated.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Anyway, I attend a drama club on a weekly basis and there's a girl there I like. She's cute, she's funny and is really, really nice (she's got me out of a few jams in the past). I know her well enough to like her but not well enough to really text her or gauge if she likes me back. I really don't know how to approach this. Any help is much, much appreciated.
    Keep speaking to her, flirt very subtly, and when it feels right then find an excuse for you two to hang out :lol:

(Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
    Keep speaking to her, flirt very subtly, and when it feels right then find an excuse for you two to hang out :lol:
    It's what I've been trying to do. The problem is that I'm far too scared to actually ask her out.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    It's what I've been trying to do. The problem is that I'm far too scared to actually ask her out.
    I understand, you just need to help yourself and help your chances by building up the chemistry, thinking of somewhere cool but not too serious that you two could hang out together, make her enjoy spending time with you etc. It is scary, granted, the first time is the most difficult it gets.

ReputationRep:
    Show her a £20 note and she'll be all over you.

ReputationRep:
    The problem is that I'm far too scared to actually ask her out.
    Rock and a hard place.

Try and forget or ignore your nerves for the five seconds that it takes to ask her somewhere/to do something together.

ReputationRep:
    Are you friends w/ her on snapchat or Facebook? Can you come up w/ any reason, not dating wise, to contact her. I think an easier and potentially less hurtful to you if she's not interested is to contact her via text. I know you say you don't know her well enough but she does know you so try to come up w/ a reason to text her about the drama club - something totally neutral. Then see how she responds. Then if she gives a positive friendly response continue to just casually ask her questions like 'how has your day been' or 'that was a tough rehearsal what did you think' - some casual open ended questions. If she's interested she'll keep the chat going. If she's not she'll stop responding and you can gauge if you want to go further and ask her out. Dating is tough at all ages but we all gotta get started sometime and this seems like a good opportunity. I hope it works out for you but please remember that you are young still so if this doesn't quite go the way you want don't get discouraged and I promise there will be another girl that you'll like. Good Luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unknown-99)
    Depends how low she is. I've had a girl offer a blowjob instead of paying for me to be her taxi.

ReputationRep:

If she's bailed you out and you get on then you definitely know her well enough to text her. If you dont want to ask for her number message her on facebook and try to start a conversation - if he holds it and you both talk then that's a great start. You definitely won't know unless you start talking to her - ask her to hang out, nothing too major just go the cinema or something. I knew my gf liked me when we spent five hours talking in the car park after work If it goes well go to get some food or something next time - a situation where you'll be forced to basically talk to them because there isn't much else going on.

You'll know if she likes you by how hanging out with her goes. To find out if she wants to be your girlfriend start being flirty, see how she reacts if you hug her or touch her (not weird, like if shes being funny put your hand on her arm don't start randomly molesting her) and if the signs are good then its about plucking up the courage about asking her out.

Then she wont be your girlfriend will she? If you like her that much then get over your fear ask her- I'm not trying to be horrible but the reality is unless you ask her out she won't go out with you. If you're both young doing it by text is acceptable which might be easier on you (and maybe her as she has time to think) - it's a deciding moment, you have to just go for it. This video might help (it's about why you should and what it means - it's a good reminder for any difficult decision in your life https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNJgk0eC3RM )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xopher_)
    Depends how low she is. I've had a girl offer a blowjob instead of paying for me to be her taxi.
    So did you accept?

ReputationRep:
    So did you accept?
    Not that time no. But I know that if I ever want to stoop that low, I can because I know she's always open for it

Can't say she the most respectful young lady, which is why I didn't. She called me at 8am today asking me to pick her up, saying she "has no money to get home". Pretty much says it all.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

(Original post by GonvilleBromhead)
    If she's bailed you out and you get on then you definitely know her well enough to text her. If you dont want to ask for her number message her on facebook and try to start a conversation - if he holds it and you both talk then that's a great start. You definitely won't know unless you start talking to her - ask her to hang out, nothing too major just go the cinema or something. I knew my gf liked me when we spent five hours talking in the car park after work If it goes well go to get some food or something next time - a situation where you'll be forced to basically talk to them because there isn't much else going on.

You'll know if she likes you by how hanging out with her goes. To find out if she wants to be your girlfriend start being flirty, see how she reacts if you hug her or touch her (not weird, like if shes being funny put your hand on her arm don't start randomly molesting her) and if the signs are good then its about plucking up the courage about asking her out.

Then she wont be your girlfriend will she? If you like her that much then get over your fear ask her- I'm not trying to be horrible but the reality is unless you ask her out she won't go out with you. If you're both young doing it by text is acceptable which might be easier on you (and maybe her as she has time to think) - it's a deciding moment, you have to just go for it. This video might help (it's about why you should and what it means - it's a good reminder for any difficult decision in your life https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNJgk0eC3RM )
    This is amazing advice. Thank you.

6/10 not as funny as the person who told a girl whose dad walked in on her and her bf grinding that she should have invited him to join her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xopher_)
    Not that time no. But I know that if I ever want to stoop that low, I can because I know she's always open for it

Can't say she the most respectful young lady, which is why I didn't. She called me at 8am today asking me to pick her up, saying she "has no money to get home". Pretty much says it all.
    Wow. There’s desperate and then there’s THAT.

ReputationRep:

Just grab a coffee for two, give her one. If she asks why, just say you looked cold & you wanted to warm up her heart. - Conversation started & go from there.

Just thought I'd give an update. I DMed her last night regarding drama and we started a bit of a conversation about school and homework. Unfortunately, it was quite late so we only sent a couple of messages. I replied to one she sent this morning and she still hasn't responded. She probably has stuff to do and it's likely me being paranoid, but should I interpret this in a particular way?

Thanks for the advice so far, I'm doing much better than I was before already.

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd give an update. I DMed her last night regarding drama and we started a bit of a conversation about school and homework. Unfortunately, it was quite late so we only sent a couple of messages. I replied to one she sent this morning and she still hasn't responded. She probably has stuff to do and it's likely me being paranoid, but should I interpret this in a particular way?

Thanks for the advice so far, I'm doing much better than I was before already.
    i got the same problem bruh....

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.