Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Man convicted for grabbing woman's breasts during consensual sex Watch

ReputationRep:
    A most unusual story. Not really sure what to think about it. If he indeed did what is claimed, then he probably deserves to be convicted.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...abbing-tinder/

ReputationRep:
    That's his life ruined then.

ReputationRep:
    That is pretty ****ed up, thought it was really strange from the thread title but makes sense after reading the article. I mean some people are into that hardcore kinky **** but you need consent to go that far deffo.

ReputationRep:
    How come HE didn't get this option?
    https://www.theguardian.com/law/2017...bing-boyfriend

ReputationRep:
    IMO,that’s hardly sexual assault.

ReputationRep:
    If the woman told him to not touch her and then he did then obviously he should be convicted, but it's weird that she was fine with him penetrating her and yet touching her breasts is a step too far

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjones1994)
    Justmiddleclasswhitewomenthings
    • Very Important Poster

Having read the story then he deserves the conviction.

If he wasnt a real threat then not sure about whether he had to be out on the sex offenders register and have his career ruined, but from the article he was asked not to but he persisted in assaulting her.He should have known better..

In a written judgment, magistrate Bridget Shaw said: "I am sure that Miss X withdrew consent for Queree to grab her breasts.
    "Queree knew this but continued to do so forcefully, causing the complainant considerable pain. This was an assault. Queree touched a sexual and intimate part of her body in a sexual manner without her consent.
    "Irrespective of her consent to other sexual conduct, I am sure that the touching was in circumstances of indecency and thus Queree is guilty of indecent assault."
    The court heard that the woman made a complaint to police as a result of bruising she suffered to both breasts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    IMO,that’s hardly sexual assault.
    What would you call forcing on someone a sex act that they had just explicitly told you not to do then?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anarchism101)
    What would you call forcing on someone a sex act that they had just explicitly told you not to do then?
    It seems like she only took it to court because it hurt her, not just because he grabbed her breasts. Idk, seems a bit too trivial to effectively ruin someone’s career.

Reading the article it sounds like he deserved the conviction. But yes, weird how bruising a breast during sex is so much worse than stabbing your boyfriend (she didn't get jail after all - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-41389520).
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mathemagicien)
      Reading the article it sounds like he deserved the conviction. But yes, weird how bruising a breast during sex is so much worse than stabbing your boyfriend (she didn't get jail after all - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-41389520).
      That's the difference between a bloke at KCL med school and a girlie future barrister at Oxford with 'mitigating circumstances'.

But of course, let it not be said that news media deliberately leave out the 'controversial' details that provide context and clarity for the judgement and sentence, m'lud.

ReputationRep:
      Personality disorder, eating disorder, drug/alcohol dependency? Not sure I'd want her operating on my heart tbh..

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cherryred90s)
      It seems like she only took it to court because it hurt her, not just because he grabbed her breasts.
      That may be true (though can't know for sure - it could be the other way round, namely that she knew her breasts hurt and bruised easily and asked him not to grab them for precisely that reason), but what's wrong with that? I can imagine plenty of situations where someone commits a criminal act against you, but whether you choose to let it go, or report it to the police depends on how much it damaged/hurt you.

ReputationRep:
      Conviction was right. She consented to sex, but said be gentle with the boobs, so he violated her body.

ReputationRep:
      The article gave me the hibbyy jibbies.

I agree that hurting her and touching her breast without her consent is wrong and out of line.

But for some reason this article is making me paranoid to have sex.:ninja:

What happens if I am in consensual agreement to have sex, but then she suddenly tries to convict me of penetrating without consent.:shock:

Next thing I know I am in court facing 5 years in prison for something that's not my thought.:gasp:

That's a horrowing thought.

ReputationRep:
      That may be true (though can't know for sure - it could be the other way round, namely that she knew her breasts hurt and bruised easily and asked him not to grab them for precisely that reason), but what's wrong with that? I can imagine plenty of situations where someone commits a criminal act against you, but whether you choose to let it go, or report it to the police depends on how much it damaged/hurt you.
      I agree. It's not like they were having sex and he just touched her breast, she screamed "rape!" and brought charges. It seems he violently grabbed her breast, perhaps almost punched it.

I've bedded people before who are a bit like that, who seem to think that they don't need to ask before grabbing you in a hard / painful way. It's super creepy and weird. I think he probably deserves the conviction.

ReputationRep:
      He's a medical graduate, would have expected better from someone so intelligent

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by LondonsSweetBoy)
      But for some reason this article is making me paranoid to have sex.:ninja:

What happens if I am in consensual agreement to have sex, but then she suddenly tries to convict me of penetrating without consent.:shock:
      A person is entitled to withdraw consent to sex at any time, and you then have to stop. But they cannot retroactively withdraw consent.

A woman would find it very difficult to convince the police and CPS to bring charges if the basis of her accusation was that you were having sex consensually, and then she changed her mind but didn't say or do anything that would let you know that.

It is a defence to a charge of rape to assert that you had reasonable grounds to believe that someone was consenting. So for example, let's say that you and a woman go to bed and you are having sex consensually, and then she silently and without informing you withdraws consent. You could say you have reasonable grounds for belief in her consent.

Next thing I know I am in court facing 5 years in prison for something that's not my thought.
      I wouldn't say that's impossible, but it's certainly rare

ReputationRep:
      True

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 21, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.