Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Harvey grows her grades (hopefully) Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey my names Harvey and I'm going to attempt to get motivated enough to get some 8/9 this year (fat chance😂😂) I'm currently in y10 doing my second year of gcses, last year I did an art course

I'm a habitual procrastinator so I'll use this to force myself to revise and take note of my test scores and improvement points. Ill record my revision techniques and resources, and my test scores

This year I'm taking stats with edexcel and Latin with wjec

So currently I'm averaging at 6/7 in practice tests for the GCSEs I'm taking this year and 7/8 in the one some taking next year (core subjects and history) and my aim is to improve all my grades, especially in Latin and Statistics. I've taken an English test and a stats test recently and I'm waiting on my score, and I'm going to start revising for science and maths tests that are coming up. I will revise for all my subjects but I will focus on the subjects when I have an upcoming test more. So that's where I'm at currently, let's see how this goes😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Ok I have no idea when I'm going to update this, I'm gonna try and aim for once a week, maybe more.
    Today I've mainly done prep, figuring out what I need to revise, making flash cards and so on. Went through the 400 Latin vocab words I need to know, got a list of over 250 that I don't😂😂 looking forward to that. I also made some brownies as motivation snacks during the revision sessions but my family has already descended and I've lost 8 1/2 out of 16 already😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Hey! In yr 10 too and will defo follow this thread!!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! It's so good you're doing extra work already, I'm in year 11 and the amount of people still not even doing their homework is mad

ReputationRep:
    Didn't do much revision today but I found out my results for the statistics test and i got full marks😊 really proud of how i did and in used flash cards to revise, so ill be sure to remember that for the future. It's an improvement on my last test so that's good as well! I also started my plan of making my notes look prettier🌺 today, my theory being it'll make me less fed up when I have to read through them all. I didn't understand anything that was going on but the colour schemes nice so who caresssss😂😂

Oh and I may occasionally post about my friends work on here. He's taking business this year and his target is an E/F, but he's been doing awesome on all his coursework so hopefully he'll do better! I'm gonna help him because I want him to do better, but also as revenge on a y9 in our form who's always making fun of him because of his grades😂 revenge is the best motivation I find
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    So over the past few days I've made revision cards for the entire chemistry topic so far, over the weekend ill do biology and physics. Got a few practice papers off my teachers, and compared notes with my friends to help. Got a Latin test tomorrow, haven't revised for it yet😬 its a vocab test out of ten so it's not hugely important but I should've done at least something on it. My English teacher has been off for three weeks so I still haven't got my test results, but it also means I'm not getting my tracker (a termly analysis of out grades and targets) until she comes back and can fill her section out. It also means we've had substitutes, and they aren't good at helping with our poetry annotations so my pages are looking a bit blank. One of my friends from that class has an older brother who still has his anthology though, and he got an 8 in his gcse so she's planning on getting it off him and using it to fill hers out a bit more, and said I can also use it, thank god😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Harvey?
    I swear you were in the news

ReputationRep:
    It's great that you're starting so early, defo keep it up. Consistency is really underrated and immensely important with studying! I've just started my a-levels (I started revision for gcses really early too) and trust me if you start building up good study habits right now it will stick with you. Plus it is much less stressful not to cram it. Hope you manage to continue this! Good luck to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jigsaws mum)
    Harvey?
    I swear you were in the news
    Oh no I hope not😂 what about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BeeBae)
    It's great that you're starting so early, defo keep it up. Consistency is really underrated and immensely important with studying! I've just started my a-levels (I started revision for gcses really early too) and trust me if you start building up good study habits right now it will stick with you. Plus it is much less stressful not to cram it. Hope you manage to continue this! Good luck to you
    Thanks its good to hear that this will help later on😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarveyCB)
    Oh no I hope not😂 what about
    something about sexual abuse,
    I think it was Weinstein or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jigsaws mum)
    something about sexual abuse,
    I think it was Weinstein or something
    Sounds familiar, but I'm pretty sure I'm not a pervy old man so I think you mighhhht have the wrong harvey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HarveyCB)
    Sounds familiar, but I'm pretty sure I'm not a pervy old man so I think you mighhhht have the wrong harvey
    Yh I think I got the wrong Harvey

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.