Dropping out of uni to become the next Manager of big hotels or restaurants in UK

Watch
Quiet Benin
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm a bit drunk but i need to say it.

Should i drop out of my third year (it is not my final year) to apply for jobs in hilton or Edwardian hotels or Michelin starred restaurants (like Restaurant Gordon Ramsay :eek:). I worked as a waiter and i hated being shouted at by managers and Head Chefs.

I have been a serial rebel to Head Chefs and Managers when i worked as a waiter in Christmas and summer; now i'm applying for the role myself at a very young age. I wanna be a boss, i can imagine myself as a quiet, shy yet temperamental sarcastic, scathing leader. I could shout, belittle, scream just like what the managers did to me. I could be the Marco Pierre White (google him) of the restaurant and hotel scene. I want the £30K salary. I would be a drunk manager but with passion controlling a brigade of people and delivering excellent customer services. My leadership would be autocratic yet courageous.

I can't stay in uni anymore. I have no friends and all my lecturers think i'm a joke.I never attend because i hate being alone in the lectures. i have accepted that this is the way to go and i cant achieve my ambition as a teacher due to depression. Should i dare myself to apply this very night? i have crazy ideas when im drunk and I wanna do it. advice please
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I don't know if this is a really poor attempt at trolling or you just get really dumb when you're drunk.
AlevelsMakeMeSui
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
go home you're drunk
Quiet Benin
Rep:
?
(Original post by artful_lounger)
I don't know if this is a really poor attempt at trolling or you just get really dumb when you're drunk.
yes im drunk. im not trolling

i really think i could win it and become manager/. im even writing n application to it. uni is hard. hard when nobody supports you
Quiet Benin
Rep:
?
Apologies for this.

Can't actually remembered if i applied for them or not. However i don't really like uni, thats the truth in this thread.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.34%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.17%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.46%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed