Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Dropping out of uni to become the next Manager of big hotels or restaurants in UK Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit drunk but i need to say it.

Should i drop out of my third year (it is not my final year) to apply for jobs in hilton or Edwardian hotels or Michelin starred restaurants (like Restaurant Gordon Ramsay :eek:). I worked as a waiter and i hated being shouted at by managers and Head Chefs.

I have been a serial rebel to Head Chefs and Managers when i worked as a waiter in Christmas and summer; now i'm applying for the role myself at a very young age. I wanna be a boss, i can imagine myself as a quiet, shy yet temperamental sarcastic, scathing leader. I could shout, belittle, scream just like what the managers did to me. I could be the Marco Pierre White (google him) of the restaurant and hotel scene. I want the £30K salary. I would be a drunk manager but with passion controlling a brigade of people and delivering excellent customer services. My leadership would be autocratic yet courageous.

I can't stay in uni anymore. I have no friends and all my lecturers think i'm a joke.I never attend because i hate being alone in the lectures. i have accepted that this is the way to go and i cant achieve my ambition as a teacher due to depression. Should i dare myself to apply this very night? i have crazy ideas when im drunk and I wanna do it. advice please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quiet Benin)
    I'm a bit drunk but i need to say it.

Should i drop out of my third year (it is not my final year) to apply for jobs in hilton or Edwardian hotels or Michelin starred restaurants (like Restaurant Gordon Ramsay :eek:). I worked as a waiter and i hated being shouted at by managers and Head Chefs.

I have been a serial rebel to Head Chefs and Managers when i worked as a waiter in Christmas and summer; now i'm applying for the role myself at a very young age. I wanna be a boss, i can imagine myself as a quiet, shy yet temperamental sarcastic, scathing leader. I could shout, belittle, scream just like what the managers did to me. I could be the Marco Pierre White (google him) of the restaurant and hotel scene. I want the £30K salary. I would be a drunk manager but with passion controlling a brigade of people and delivering excellent customer services. My leadership would be autocratic yet courageous.

I can't stay in uni anymore. I have no friends and all my lecturers think i'm a joke.I never attend because i hate being alone in the lectures. i have accepted that this is the way to go and i cant achieve my ambition as a teacher due to depression. Should i dare myself to apply this very night? i have crazy ideas when im drunk and I wanna do it. advice please
    Your drunk go to sleep. Just finish off your degree and become a teacher.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if this is a really poor attempt at trolling or you just get really dumb when you're drunk.

ReputationRep:
    go home you're drunk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artful_lounger)
    I don't know if this is a really poor attempt at trolling or you just get really dumb when you're drunk.
    yes im drunk. im not trolling

i really think i could win it and become manager/. im even writing n application to it. uni is hard. hard when nobody supports you

ReputationRep:
    Apologies for this.

Can't actually remembered if i applied for them or not. However i don't really like uni, thats the truth in this thread.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.