Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UCAS Reference Incomplete! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

So I'm in a bit of a predicament. I'm an international student applying to study medicine and I did not realise that the reference section required a reference letter to be completed. I do have a reference, however they have a lot of other commitments and will not be able to complete the reference letter in time. These are the options I've thought about so far:

1) Email the universities and let them know the situation and then email them my referee details and reference once completed
    2) Submit my application once my referee has submitted my reference letter.

The issue with the first option is that no one will reply to me less than 24 hours before the application is due, and the issue with option 2) is that I don't want my application in the bin because it's late.

Any help would be seriously appreciated.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya
    Wow this is tricky... I would send the application anyway, then as soon as you can get through to the unis, then tell them, that way you’re covering both scenarios!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meggy99)
    Hiya
    Wow this is tricky... I would send the application anyway, then as soon as you can get through to the unis, then tell them, that way you’re covering both scenarios!
    Thanks Meggy! I think I'll do that! Hopefully it works out :/
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nf13)
    Hi everyone!

So I'm in a bit of a predicament. I'm an international student applying to study medicine and I did not realise that the reference section required a reference letter to be completed. I do have a reference, however they have a lot of other commitments and will not be able to complete the reference letter in time. These are the options I've thought about so far:

1) Email the universities and let them know the situation and then email them my referee details and reference once completed
    2) Submit my application once my referee has submitted my reference letter.

The issue with the first option is that no one will reply to me less than 24 hours before the application is due, and the issue with option 2) is that I don't want my application in the bin because it's late.

Any help would be seriously appreciated.

Thanks!
    My advice would be largely similar to Meggy99

Don't expect your universities to be incredibly understanding though since it seems you were at error for not realising.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.