Nf13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi everyone!

So I'm in a bit of a predicament. I'm an international student applying to study medicine and I did not realise that the reference section required a reference letter to be completed. I do have a reference, however they have a lot of other commitments and will not be able to complete the reference letter in time. These are the options I've thought about so far:

1) Email the universities and let them know the situation and then email them my referee details and reference once completed
2) Submit my application once my referee has submitted my reference letter.

The issue with the first option is that no one will reply to me less than 24 hours before the application is due, and the issue with option 2) is that I don't want my application in the bin because it's late.

Any help would be seriously appreciated.

Thanks!
Meggy99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hiya
Wow this is tricky... I would send the application anyway, then as soon as you can get through to the unis, then tell them, that way you’re covering both scenarios!
Nf13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Meggy99)
Hiya
Wow this is tricky... I would send the application anyway, then as soon as you can get through to the unis, then tell them, that way you’re covering both scenarios!
Thanks Meggy! I think I'll do that! Hopefully it works out :/
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nf13)
Hi everyone!

So I'm in a bit of a predicament. I'm an international student applying to study medicine and I did not realise that the reference section required a reference letter to be completed. I do have a reference, however they have a lot of other commitments and will not be able to complete the reference letter in time. These are the options I've thought about so far:

1) Email the universities and let them know the situation and then email them my referee details and reference once completed
2) Submit my application once my referee has submitted my reference letter.

The issue with the first option is that no one will reply to me less than 24 hours before the application is due, and the issue with option 2) is that I don't want my application in the bin because it's late.

Any help would be seriously appreciated.

Thanks!
My advice would be largely similar to Meggy99

Don't expect your universities to be incredibly understanding though since it seems you were at error for not realising.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (435)
56.2%
I don't have everything I need (339)
43.8%

Watched Threads