Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

basically, 10 months ago, my best friend and I decided to call it quits because it was obvious that we were falling for each other.

10 months later, im still in love with her & miss her as much as I did the night after... is this weird or normal? i feel like theres a limit and now im in the stalker territory

ive 'drunk texted' her loads and shes done the same but everytime we do it, the other person is always sober and so politely reminds the other to stop and remember why we did this

ReputationRep:
    Why can't you just bum her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous)
    basically, 10 months ago, my best friend and i decided to call it quits because it was obvious that we were falling for each other.

10 months later, im still in love with her & miss her as much as i did the night after... Is this weird or normal? I feel like theres a limit and now im in the stalker territory

ive 'drunk texted' her loads and shes done the same but everytime we do it, the other person is always sober and so politely reminds the other to stop and remember why we did this
    just shag her :u

woah guys, sex is for making babies and therefore should be done after marriage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    :doctor:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymous)
    sex is just sex. Go to afghanistan

sex = only natural way to have a kid

ReputationRep:
    basically, 10 months ago, my best friend and I decided to call it quits because it was obvious that we were falling for each other.

10 months later, im still in love with her & miss her as much as I did the night after... is this weird or normal? i feel like theres a limit and now im in the stalker territory

Why did you decide to quit?

answer my question though

ReputationRep:
    sex = only natural way to have a kid
    Sex makes a relationship TRUTH

ReputationRep:
    i did

(Original post by FairySparkleGirl)
    Why did you decide to quit?
    well for religious reasons... you could say we were semi-devout individuals and so it made us feel guilty when the L word was thrown around.

we did contemplate marriage but for cultural reasons (And the fact that we are only 19/20 years old) made it even harder to carry on.

ReputationRep:
    well for religious reasons... you could say we were semi-devout individuals and so it made us feel guilty when the L word was thrown around.

we did contemplate marriage but for cultural reasons (And the fact that we are only 19/20 years old) made it even harder to carry on.
    Religion Ruins everything and is a lie.

(Original post by Geeta_Rasoya)
    Sex makes a relationship TRUTH
    no.

what makes a relationship is two things: to listen and to respect

(Original post by Geeta_Rasoya)
    Religion Ruins everything and is a lie.
    the fact that i believe in something that i can't yet prove doesn't mean its a lie... its hope

ReputationRep:

Thank you for clarifying. I understand that you must be experiencing some religious pressure there, but it sounds to me like you guys have something beautiful that may be worth exploring. I think it would be a shame to let it go.

(Original post by JuicyG)
    i did
    no you didn't. is it weird for me to still be liking her? and what can i do to forget her?

ReputationRep:
    no.

what makes a relationship is two things: to listen and to respect
    Nah you are describing a friendship

ReputationRep:
    get some fresh ass

(Original post by FairySparkleGirl)
    Thank you for clarifying. I understand that you must be experiencing some religious pressure there, but it sounds to me like you guys have something beautiful that may be worth exploring. I think it would be a shame to let it go.

No problem. I honestly would prefer to skip the relationship part and go straight into marriage, being away from her for 10 months has made me realise how beautiful her soul was, something I feel is a one in a million kind of thing.

And the funny thing is that religiously we are allowed to get married but we can't get into a relationship. We did discuss marriage before, post-graduation ofc, but due to cultural reasons, we can't get married. Being two family orientated individuals, we always wanted our family to be able to freely mingle with the in-laws without it ever being awkward. i feel as both our parents are first-generation immigrants from totallly different regions, that mingling would be non-existent and we felt that was kind of selfish.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 17, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.