Canadian student applying to UK university - repeat high school course

Watch
chickennoodles28
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
As the title states, I'm a Canadian citizen applying for university in the UK. I messed up on one of my math courses and have decided to repeat the course at night school.

Do you know if they average the two marks or accept the higher one? Alternatively, have I killed my chances of getting into a UK university?

Thanks for the feedback!
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by chickennoodles28)
As the title states, I'm a Canadian citizen applying for university in the UK. I messed up on one of my math courses and have decided to repeat the course at night school.

Do you know if they average the two marks or accept the higher one? Alternatively, have I killed my chances of getting into a UK university?

Thanks for the feedback!
Hiya:hi:

Thanks for coming to :tsr2:

The universities should make the decision based on the facts: the knowledge that you're taking this qualification again this year, and that you have already achieved a particular grade in it.

The best option is to make sure your referee explains this in your reference. Particularly if there are any sort of extenuating circumstances surrounding why you didn't achieve the grade you wanted to.

A university may make a conditional offer which requires you to achieve a particular grade in your Maths course (particularly if it's a requirement for the subject) but there is no "average" calculated unless that's how the Canadian exam board/system works?

As far as I can see, you certainly have not killed your chances of getting into a UK university.:nah:

Hope this helps

MR
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (23)
13.86%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (46)
27.71%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (68)
40.96%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (24)
14.46%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.01%

Watched Threads