Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever been able to do work for more than 15hours straight? Watch

ReputationRep:
    maybe with some 10-30min breaks in side. People tell me they can do 30hours of work straight in uni (I am A level) but for some reason I can't even do an allnighter without needing to sleep at 6am .

How much redbull do you really need?

ReputationRep:
    I've done 24hr coding marathons for uni.

Honestly it's a waste of time, it kills productivity for the week and can take a month to truly recover from.

Just set aside a decent amount of time and work on your focus.

ReputationRep:
    No, screw that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    People tell me they can do 30hours of work straight in uni
    Unless those people in uni have left major assignments/exam revision to the very last minute, I doubt they're telling the truth. Both 30 hours and 15 hours are a ridiculous amount of time to revise essentially-non stop and for most people less work each day over a longer period of time would be a lot more effective. Don't think that 15-30 hour days are a necessity/requirement at uni!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctorwhofan98)
    Unless those people in uni have left major assignments/exam revision to the very last minute, I doubt they're telling the truth. Both 30 hours and 15 hours are a ridiculous amount of time to revise essentially-non stop and for most people less work each day over a longer period of time would be a lot more effective. Don't think that 15-30 hour days are a necessity/requirement at uni!
    Thanks someone told me their record was 30h in the library on a dissertation xD

ReputationRep:
    Definitely not. As a sxith-form student, I almost never work for more than 2-3 hours straight without at least a small break (at least 15 mins). Trying to push yourself for 15 hours is counterproductive in the long run. If you feel that you need to do that, you probably haven't managed your time well earlier on.

Longest I think I've ever worked properly non-stop (not even 5 minutes of break) was 4.5 hours, but that was a maths exam.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    if that's the norm then you'd find that no one will go to uni luv

(Original post by ihatePE)
      if that's the norm then you'd find that no one will go to uni luv
      roobi grain jer is shhok ed

ReputationRep:
      15 hours straight? No. But 15 hours in a day, then yes probably multiple times.

ReputationRep:
      Did 12 hours straight. From 12 in the afternoon to midnight on a glass of milk.

14 past papers in a row - no breaks.
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      That's ridiculous. My brain tires out after 4 hours maximum and I need to rest. Your brain works best with little breaks between study hours. Work should be approached with a little and often attitude, not a ton of work all at one time.

ReputationRep:
      Screw that. I would never be able to concentrate for that long.
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by bulgylau)
      roobi grain jer is shhok ed

yes but ya girl is extra-er than extra mint

yes but ya girl is extra-er than extra mint
        she probs fantasises over Hagrid widening her chamber of secrets ygm
        • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by bulgylau)
        she probs fantasises over Hagrid widening her chamber of secrets ygm
        she probs date her ginger cousin just for the weasly vibe

ReputationRep:
        15 hours of working is ********. If people could work this much I'd be driving a flying car right now and posting this on my 100 inch projectable foldable phone with 1000gb internet speed.
        Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
        No, you can't focus for that long. You can sit and do bad work bit-by-bit for 16 hours, but it is far less efficient and effective than actually focusing for two or so hours.

she probs date her ginger cousin just for the weasly vibe
          she probs uses a vibrating wand daily

ReputationRep:
          They're not human

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by SuperHuman98)
          maybe with some 10-30min breaks in side. People tell me they can do 30hours of work straight in uni (I am A level) but for some reason I can't even do an allnighter without needing to sleep at 6am .

How much redbull do you really need?
          I know people that might do that once a year but for it to be even a bit effective they need 'help' from sources other than redbull

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        What time of year is the worst for students?
        Useful resources
        AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.