Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    so i'm looking forward to applying for 2020 training contracts, a lot of firms ask for AAB at least apparently. but the problem is I've never taken A-levels before.
    I am currently studying the GDL, with a 2:1 BSc, I was an international student, I didn't take any public examination in my country neither. I gained entry to my Bachelor through a foundation degree.
    Is anyone familiar with my situation?
    What do you think about my chances with TCs without A levels?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atwk530)
    so i'm looking forward to applying for 2020 training contracts, a lot of firms ask for AAB at least apparently. but the problem is I've never taken A-levels before.
    I am currently studying the GDL, with a 2:1 BSc, I was an international student, I didn't take any public examination in my country neither. I gained entry to my Bachelor through a foundation degree.
    Is anyone familiar with my situation?
    What do you think about my chances with TCs without A levels?
    This is not uncommon.

Did you get an Access to HE diploma via your Foundation year? If so, there is an equivalent UCAS points criteria which you could apply to show whether you have the equivalent of AAB.

If not, then you just need to explain there was no entry exams in your home country and that you did the foundation degree. I'd be proactive in calling firms before submitting your application to check whether they will consider you (they should) and also how best to go about making your applications isn't incorrectly screened out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.