"my tutor told me dont put the alevels on your cv unless their (AAA) or AAB or ABB"

Watch
harry7788
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
"my tutor told me dont put the alevel grades on your cv unless their (AAA) or AAB or ABB"

Is this true or not
I have seen a many users on TSR say stuff like this
username2911200
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by harry7788)
unless their (AAA) or AAB or ABB"

Is this true or not
I hope one of your A-levels isn't English.
physicseastldn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
then listen to your tutor
marklow
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It isnt true
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
"my tutor told me dont put the alevel grades on your cv unless their (AAA) or AAB or ABB"

Is this true or not
It's not likely to help your application to be putting on grades less than B on a CV. If you've got less than Bs, you (hopefully) aren't applying for anything that is interested in grades and therefore it's irrelevant information.
Ganjaweed Rebel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
After my first couple of serious jobs, I'd be embarrassed if I were still putting them on there.
GovernmentEarner
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
To be honest you don't really need to put GCSE's/A Levels on your CV if you have a degree and like 5-10 years experience. But most CV's generally have A Levels no matter what, some people leave off GCSE's or just put '12 GCSEs' or '12GCSE's A*/A' etc...
harry7788
Rep:
?
(Original post by physicseastldn)
then listen to your tutor
it isnt what my tutor has it is just a quote i keep seeing on TSR
harry7788
Rep:
?
(Original post by threeportdrift)
It's not likely to help your application to be putting on grades less than B on a CV. If you've got less than Bs, you (hopefully) aren't applying for anything that is interested in grades and therefore it's irrelevant information.
i can see where your coming from but i was thinking more along the lines of if you have a mixture of results like ABCC those Cs would look fairly **** compared to the other results
Nirvana1989-1994
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lol, your tutor and the majority of TSR don't know jack **** about getting a job.
harry7788
Rep:
?
(Original post by GovernmentEarner)
To be honest you don't really need to put GCSE's/A Levels on your CV if you have a degree and like 5-10 years experience. But most CV's generally have A Levels no matter what, some people leave off GCSE's or just put '12 GCSEs' or '12GCSE's A*/A' etc...
ohhh i see but then if you left of gcses and A levels then wouldnt one assume you dont want to put them on as they showing one in a good light
threeportdrift
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i can see where your coming from but i was thinking more along the lines of if you have a mixture of results like ABCC those Cs would look fairly **** compared to the other results
It's a judgement call - what job are you writing the CV for? How important is academic ability to the employer? What subjects have you got the high grades in? What subjects have you got the Cs in? How relevant are these subjects to the employer? What other evidence of relevant skills do you have, and is there anything that would compensate, ie that is more than average?
ThePricklyOne
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Is this true or not
There are many views on what to put on a CV. There's no right or wrong as long as it works for you and the job you want to apply for.

If you put some and omit other grades, wouldn't that make it obvious what subjects you did badly?

If you have no work experience, than put all your A Levels, then GCSEs with the best grades at the top and worst at the bottom. Omit mentioning any that you're ashamed of (omit really low grades & fails).

If you do have lots of work experience put these first, then a line under education saying you have X no of A levels (list the subjects) and X no GCSEs (list the subjects).
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I just put that I have 3 A Levels and X amount of GCSEs, the actual grades aren't relevant but it shows I've actually got qualifications
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (221)
60.88%
No (76)
20.94%
Not sure (66)
18.18%

Watched Threads