Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My Grow Your Grades Blog ❣️ Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seungy_Han)
    If your so doutful about oxford why apply in the first place? Might as well save one slot for a insurance uni
    Because it's good to have a dream. It is my choice after all.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  IMG_1935.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  171.2 KB

Hopefully I will be submitting work to Oxford soon, the essay I have written is about how poets attempt to find the meaning of existence in their work. (intriguing right?)

If anyone has any ELAT tips, please leave them below and we can compare thoughts on the matter. I'm struggling to come to terms with the fact that it's basically less than a week away.

Tomorrow I plan to do a day of EPQ 🌟 it's going to be productive and I hope by then I'll be able to get on with writing the actual dissertation. My first half draft (2500 words) is due November 7.

My English coursework first draft is due November 6th. I'm basically done though, it just needs tweaking.

Spanish and Law just need general revision. Hoping to do some flashcards etc.

I'm working on Saturday and then various halloween festivities may set me back a couple of days but I'm going to power through.

See you soon ⚡️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perspectives)
    Name:  IMG_1935.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  171.2 KB

Hopefully I will be submitting work to Oxford soon, the essay I have written is about how poets attempt to find the meaning of existence in their work. (intriguing right?)

If anyone has any ELAT tips, please leave them below and we can compare thoughts on the matter. I'm struggling to come to terms with the fact that it's basically less than a week away.

Tomorrow I plan to do a day of EPQ 🌟 it's going to be productive and I hope by then I'll be able to get on with writing the actual dissertation. My first half draft (2500 words) is due November 7.

My English coursework first draft is due November 6th. I'm basically done though, it just needs tweaking.

Spanish and Law just need general revision. Hoping to do some flashcards etc.

I'm working on Saturday and then various halloween festivities may set me back a couple of days but I'm going to power through.

See you soon ⚡️
    i’m loving your gyg!

good luck with your admission tests for oxford etc.
    is it your favourite uni/course or do you prefer one of the others you applied for??

also good luck for your EPQ!

you can check out my gyg if you want - but nevertheless i’ll be sure to follow this thread
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by perspectives)
    Hello and welcome to my 2017 grow your grades!

I am in year 13 at a sixth form college studying English Literature, Spanish, Law and EPQ. I am predicted A*A*A. However my A*s are more like A/A* so I really need to work to secure these grades (especially in Spanish).

As of Friday I have applied for English Lit/ Lit and lang at Manchester, Newcastle, Leeds, Durham and Oxford. I have applied to Castle college Durham and Exeter college Oxford (where I am very doubtful that I will get an offer but it is my absolute dream uni.)

I have 7A*s and 3As at GCSE. I am Hoping that the 3As won't really effect me as they were in maths, physics and biology - completely unrelated subjects.

My main priorities are to secure an A* in English lit and to really work hard to get an A in Spanish as it's something I struggle with.

Hope you enjoy following me on my journey!
    Hi, great blog! Wishing you the best of luck on your journey. I did English Lit and Spanish last year at A2 (A*A respectively, alongside Music and French) so if you need any help (especially with English) don't hesitate to PM. I've also got loads of resources from last year which I'll never use again :rolleyes: so feel free to have those

edit: I also did an EPQ (admittedly on music therapy). Interesting that yours is on American Literature and the American Dream because the coursework for our English year was on American Literature (specifically Streetcar Named Desire and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by auburnstar)
    Hi, great blog! Wishing you the best of luck on your journey. I did English Lit and Spanish last year at A2 (A*A respectively, alongside Music and French) so if you need any help (especially with English) don't hesitate to PM. I've also got loads of resources from last year which I'll never use again :rolleyes: so feel free to have those

edit: I also did an EPQ (admittedly on music therapy). Interesting that yours is on American Literature and the American Dream because the coursework for our English year was on American Literature (specifically Streetcar Named Desire and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf)
    Thank you for the offer- we clearly have a bit in common and you've done so well! I'll be sure to message if I ever need to, where did you end up if you don't mind me asking?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.