Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sevenoaks School Sixth Form 2018 Applicants Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!!! This thread is for the people who have applied to Sevenoaks school and have done the entrance exams either yesterday or very soon. I wanted to create this thread to meet new people who are applying to the school and to hopefully meet future students of Sevenoaks school for 2018!!!!

If there are any current Sevenoaks School Sixth Form students, please give us some advice on the school (workload, IB, food, subjects, free periods etc).

ReputationRep:
    Hi, did the entrance exam yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaraimani)
    How did you find it? I did mine yesterday as well and everything was fairly simple except for the maths hl, which was near impossible for me.

ReputationRep:
    Same!!! Are u applying as a day student or boarding?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolute_Zero)
    How did you find it? I did mine yesterday as well and everything was fairly simple except for the maths hl, which was near impossible for me.
    Math hl was horrific, I don't think I answered a single question correctly, they were all hard. The rest was ok, I did chemistry as my 4th subject and I found it not too difficult. Are u applying as a day or boarding student?

ReputationRep:
    I did History HL and it was horrible for me so... And it ask you really deep and general questions that are impossible to write an essay on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiwa101)
    Same!!! Are u applying as a day student or boarding?
    I’m applying for boarding. You?

ReputationRep:
    I’m applying for boarding. You?
    I live 30mins away from the school so I am applyinng as a day student. I'm aware that there are more boarding places than day, however i don't think many people are applying as a day student so I might have a good chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amyllolllll)
    I did History HL and it was horrible for me so... And it ask you really deep and general questions that are impossible to write an essay on
    WowI dont like history at all, I didnt even take it as a GCSE. Its really confusing to me
    I'm sure you did fine though!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolute_Zero)
    The teacher in my exam class said that the HL Maths exam doesn’t affect your admisssion, it just shows whether or not you’d actually be able to take Higher Level maths in Sevenoaks.

Anyways, I found everything okay apart from my maths exam.

ReputationRep:
    The teacher in my exam class said that the HL Maths exam doesn’t affect your admisssion, it just shows whether or not you’d actually be able to take Higher Level maths in Sevenoaks.

Anyways, I found everything okay apart from my maths exam.
    Yh, on other threads some people had summer classes for higher level maths but im not sure whether this is true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiwa101)
    Yh, on other threads some people had summer classes for higher level maths but im not sure whether this is true.
    By summer classes, I mean when they already got a place the school said they should take summer classes before September when they entered Sevenoaks. But don't take it for word, I just remember seeing it on a similar thread.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Has anyone do the HL English paper? How did you guys find it? How much did you write for the third question on section A? I only wrote 1 paragraph for that question so I am kind of stressing out.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!
    Did anyone sit a Philosophy paper?
    Taking my exams in less then two days and I don't think I could be more nervous.

Did anyone do the Maths Sl and Bio exam and how were they??

ReputationRep:
    Hey, has anyone receive any email from the school? If so, what does it say inside?

(Original post by Amyllolllll)
    Hey, has anyone receive any email from the school? If so, what does it say inside?
    Did any overseas applicants get an interview?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.