Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am in year 12 and was wondering whether i was to maybe write a blog and include it in my personal statement, in a topic that is related to my degree, increase my chances of getting an admission. For example a blog around mental health etc.

I am looking to do some sort of either psychology related degree at Oxbridge such as Experimental Psychology(Oxford) or Psychological and Behavioural Sciences(Cambridge). Also the thought of an English Literature degree would seem ideal.

ReputationRep:
    If your blog was well written and gained attention from other readers, it could count in your favour. It is related to your subject and gives you something to talk about at interview stage. You could also use your blog to widen your own knowledge, for example, doing wider reading or research.

Best of luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.