Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Can I transfer university on my first year of PHD due to supervisors not being academically helpful ?

ReputationRep:
    You can contact other programs to see if they will allow you to transfer and continue forward with (or perhaps expand upon or slightly differentiate your thesis area of focus)-depending on their availability of staff to supervise your research. I'm sure you have already given this a great deal of thought, but may I suggest, please, if you have not already done so, to speak with some administrators of your current program to see if things can be clarified or worked out there? That way (if you've not already exhausted that avenue), perhaps if things don't get better, then you could move on. Try to really focus in on and hone in on, with specificity (in terms of what you'd share with the administration where you are currently doing your Phd) the critical areas that are lacking that are inhibiting you academically, from your progression. Best wishes to you, hope that either things work out where you are, or that you are able to move on to a more suitable program.

(Original post by lichang1995)
    Can I transfer university on my first year of PHD due to supervisors not being academically helpful ?

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.