Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Above

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Yes, I do.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    yep, i think its a waste of time and money, like wat if u dont even do well in Uni? all the money paid for it, is gone down the drain

ReputationRep:
    Only introverts or tight-fisted people will agree with you. The ability to learn a subject you love for 3 to 4 years, make a lot of friends and enjoy various experiences with them, and on average get a higher paying job compared to those without a degree, is all heavenly to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GovernmentEarner)
    Only introverts or tight-fisted people will agree with you. The ability to learn a subject you love for 3 to 4 years, make a lot of friends and enjoy various experiences with them, and on average get a higher paying job compared to those without a degree, is all heavenly to me.
    I don't like the method of teaching at university. Sitting in 2 hours lectures to then write a 2000 word essay on something that was mentioned on one slide and have to study weeks in advance for one exam. I don't care what subject it is, that would definitely suck the fun out of it for me.

ReputationRep:
    'heavenly'

ReputationRep:
    6 years in my case

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grl9096)
    I don't like the method of teaching at university. Sitting in 2 hours lectures to then write a 2000 word essay on something that was mentioned on one slide and have to study weeks in advance for one exam. I don't care what subject it is, that would definitely suck the fun out of it for me.
    I also dislike that, but it depends on what uni you go to. The top 2 I'm aiming to get into mostly revolve around very small classes with long discussions trying to bring the best out in you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by APersonYo)
    'heavenly'
    I'm a very strong believer in education, so yes.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a very strong believer in education, so yes.
    I hate my uni

Im not even an introverted person

ReputationRep:
    I hate my uni

There's a difference between hating YOUR uni and hating uni (which is the thread title)

ReputationRep:
    I hate my uni

thats your uni then not uni in general

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grl9096)
    i don't like the method of teaching at university. Sitting in 2 hours lectures to then write a 2000 word essay on something that was mentioned on one slide and have to study weeks in advance for one exam. I don't care what subject it is, that would definitely suck the fun out of it for me.
    yes
    yes
    yes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AKA2234)
    yep, i think its a waste of time and money, like wat if u dont even do well in Uni? all the money paid for it, is gone down the drain
    The question I would ask, is why are you not doing well, especially when you have paid all that money?

University is a land of opportunities. Opportunities for learning, opportunities for self improvements and discovery. Social opportunities and trying something completely new.

When I was at uni I discovered the joy of mountaineering and made life-long friends. I didn't fair that well academically but you only get out what you put in. I am certainly better off for my time at uni.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    The question I would ask, is why are you not doing well, especially when you have paid all that money?

University is a land of opportunities. Opportunities for learning, opportunities for self improvements and discovery. Social opportunities and trying something completely new.

When I was at uni I discovered the joy of mountaineering and made life-long friends. I didn't fair that well academically but you only get out what you put in. I am certainly better off for my time at uni.
    interesting question, what if u fall into the wrong crowd at Uni? Not all of them are 'prestige' as they look and sound. What if u have sh*t going on a home? then wat? yh u might of found 'joy', but everyone is different, some ppl may not like social situations or meeting new ppl

ReputationRep:
    interesting question, what if u fall into the wrong crowd at Uni? Not all of them are 'prestige' as they look and sound. What if u have sh*t going on a home? then wat? yh u might of found 'joy', but everyone is different, some ppl may not like social situations or meeting new ppl
    There is only one person resonsible for falling in with the wrong crowd. Sh1t at home is another matter but there ate different types some of which are avoidable.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by ByEeek)
    There is only one person resonsible for falling in with the wrong crowd. Sh1t at home is another matter but there ate different types some of which are avoidable.
    yh but not everyone has it all wen they go to Uni, for some it might improve their lives but others it may not, it all depends on the person

ReputationRep:
    it all depends on the person
    Agreed. But university is a land of opportunities. It is a shame that so many let that pass them by and feel disenfranchised and let down.

I think it is a bit of an indictment of our education system that spoon-feeds students the answers to pass exams. When they arrive at uni in the big wide world and have to stand on their own two feed, many folks are ill-equipped to handle that kind of independence and responsibility for their own actions.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I find University stressful, trying to balance university lectures during the week, then university assignments and exams, balancing a social life which is now non-existing and a boyfriend who is amazing but unfortunately lives an hour away, plus then having to work on the weekends to get money and still be broke is really frustrating. The rich people or at least the ones whose parents are fairly well off to support them, get a bit more leeway as in not having to work part-time or worry about money and have time to do other things.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.