Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it odd that Im dissapointed that im female? Watch

Is it odd that I wish I had been born male. I love going to the gym and maintaintaining a good physique. Id much rather have a body designed for physical activity rather than one for giving birth! My enjoyment in life comes much from competing in sport and working towards the strongest most athletic looking body I can get. At 14 I would wake up early and do a mini exercise routine..pull ups, situps etc in my room. I loved feeling strong throughout the day. It gave me lots of confidence when people insulted me i thought well i bet i have a stronger body lol. My breasts were developing but i didnt see them as value they were just..there, luckily they are very small anyway. I dont mind having a female physique so long as its in great shape.

I quite liked to have the potential to give birth but then in females this dissapears after age 37 ish (i will feel a little broken lol) so then I know I'l feel if my body isnt strong/physically active what other value wilI it have. Now i know this sound odd you may see me as totally irrational but I know what i mean lol. In a nutshell i guess i place a lot of value on my body. I can never understand how people let their bodies go through bad lifestyle. As a kid i admired all the sporty daredevil lads who would climb extremely high trees etc. I wanted to copy/be like them, i couldnt understand my female peers sitting around talking/putting make up on or just watching the lads doing these activities. I thought what value is there to looks alone, can you not have looks physical ability.

When I see guys with sporty bodies the first thing i think is how id love to be him with that body. Then my next thought is (maybe) finding him attractive lol. Im only 5ft and feel,dissapointed that people can say as they want to me and theres nothing i can do about it. I love running and am always being told its unsafe to go through the woddland bit on my own, yet i see lads running with their shirts off confidently. I would be at the gym daily working on strength/muscles if I was a guy..which would set me up for a life of being appealing/attractive older man. This doesnt work for zn older woman. Apparantly youth is the be all and end all. Im getting older now though and people around me are having kids, I dont want go go through childbirth (i choose not to) so my only choice really is not have kids of my own. I would prefere to have fun/achieve stuff and wait till my 40's before marrying and kids. Only men have this option. Comming from what men say.. men get more valuable with age due to knowledge/achievement whereas a womans value is just based on looks and motherhood. I only started to gain more confidence in my mid twenties ive always been a quiet tomboy so havent attracted men and all that. I think I'l be most confident through my 40's as i'l have my career established and may just find a hairstyle that suits me lol.

I suppose I cant change my mindset but yea the older i get the more i wish i was male. Expecially since studies show that men can maintain attractiveness in older age through career etc but women cant. I want to achieve/develop myself

ReputationRep:
    I've always wanted to be inside a woman's body :cool:

ReputationRep:
    At some point you have to just **** everything society is telling you and do what you want. If it makes you happy then go to the gym everyday, have kids when you're forty, and prove to the world that women are worth more than their youthful beauty. Maybe it's not 'normal' to want to do that but honestly life is too short to care about that, do what you want and make yourself happy.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Jealousy of people who have what you want but can't have isn't odd, it's pretty much the human condition. If it's more than that, a feeling that you should be male, then you're drifting into transgender territory, which iirc is about 0.1% of the population - so, not exactly common, but not that rare.

ReputationRep:
    Many women secretly think this

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Is it odd that I wish I had been born male. I love going to the gym and maintaintaining a good physique. Id much rather have a body designed for physical activity rather than one for giving birth! My enjoyment in life comes much from competing in sport and working towards the strongest most athletic looking body I can get. At 14 I would wake up early and do a mini exercise routine..pull ups, situps etc in my room. I loved feeling strong throughout the day. It gave me lots of confidence when people insulted me i thought well i bet i have a stronger body lol. My breasts were developing but i didnt see them as value they were just..there, luckily they are very small anyway. I dont mind having a female physique so long as its in great shape.

I quite liked to have the potential to give birth but then in females this dissapears after age 37 ish (i will feel a little broken lol) so then I know I'l feel if my body isnt strong/physically active what other value wilI it have. Now i know this sound odd you may see me as totally irrational but I know what i mean lol. In a nutshell i guess i place a lot of value on my body. I can never understand how people let their bodies go through bad lifestyle. As a kid i admired all the sporty daredevil lads who would climb extremely high trees etc. I wanted to copy/be like them, i couldnt understand my female peers sitting around talking/putting make up on or just watching the lads doing these activities. I thought what value is there to looks alone, can you not have looks physical ability.

When I see guys with sporty bodies the first thing i think is how id love to be him with that body. Then my next thought is (maybe) finding him attractive lol. Im only 5ft and feel,dissapointed that people can say as they want to me and theres nothing i can do about it. I love running and am always being told its unsafe to go through the woddland bit on my own, yet i see lads running with their shirts off confidently. I would be at the gym daily working on strength/muscles if I was a guy..which would set me up for a life of being appealing/attractive older man. This doesnt work for zn older woman. Apparantly youth is the be all and end all. Im getting older now though and people around me are having kids, I dont want go go through childbirth (i choose not to) so my only choice really is not have kids of my own. I would prefere to have fun/achieve stuff and wait till my 40's before marrying and kids. Only men have this option. Comming from what men say.. men get more valuable with age due to knowledge/achievement whereas a womans value is just based on looks and motherhood. I only started to gain more confidence in my mid twenties ive always been a quiet tomboy so havent attracted men and all that. I think I'l be most confident through my 40's as i'l have my career established and may just find a hairstyle that suits me lol.

I suppose I cant change my mindset but yea the older i get the more i wish i was male. Expecially since studies show that men can maintain attractiveness in older age through career etc but women cant. I want to achieve/develop myself
    im not dissappointed in being a woman but i can actually relate to a lot of this. especially what you were saying about a lot of the girls sitting around talking while all the daredevil lads were climbing trees? i was into that too (im a girl) while most of my peers weren't. i understand where you're coming from, and actually you make a lot of good points.

but there's nothing you can do, you're stuck being a female, and unless you identify as a trans man, that won't be changing any time soon. don't look too hard into the future, just enjoy maintaning your body now

ReputationRep:
    nah it is not odd. Actually I think many female prefer to be male but that shouldn't be the case. I guess we can't get away with nature of life. In saying that I think you prefer the way of life some men have, they usually don't have to go through childbirth, or the constant changes in hormones, menstruation etc.
    they have it easy! but now I guess you have the choice to do whatever you like with your life, parents put less pressure on their children to get married and have children, lets say compared to the 1950s where that would have been the norm.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.